What song is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danospano2

Babyface
Hello, everyone.

I found a song on a burned disc. It purports to be a disc of U2 songs, although none of them were documented. All but one of the songs has been identified, based on lyrics or just knowledge of U2 's catalogue.

That one song is driving me nuts! Please help me figure out if it's a U2 song, or perhaps a cover they performed. It sounds like a old recording (bad quality), so I'm guessing it's from their Boy-War years. I've tried doing a Google search with these lyrics, but no had no luck.

Here are the lyrics, as far as I can decipher, but they may be incorrect. Thank you in advance!
"Thank you for mentioning,
I'm standing, standing on the (???)
I don't wanna go...I don't wanna go home

Travelin (?), (?)
Travelin, forever
Travelin, together
Travelin, whatever

2nd and 3rd versions are mumbled

Travelin (?), (?)
Travelin, forever
Travelin, together
Travelin, whatever"

The length is about 3 minutes and 13 seconds.

That's it! ----"Trevor"

Since posting my question, someone told me it was an alternate version of a 'Touch' demo.

If it's called Trevor, then I'll label it as such.

Thank you!

That's it! ----"Trevor"

Since posting my question, someone told me it was an alternate version of a 'Touch' demo.

If it's called Trevor, then I'll label it as such.

Thank you!

No worries.

It is a demo, but rather than being an alternate version of Touch, it’s just a very early version. They did this a bit in the late 70s and early 80s. Multiple versions of Out of Control, Stories for Boys, A Day Without Me, Twilight, Saturday Night etc.

Back
Top Bottom