what is this clip at the end of Running to Stand Still?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
U2 live Running to Stand Still HQ 1992 - YouTube

easily, far and away the greatest version of this song... ever. that's not up for debate.

but when you listen to the hallelujah's at the end, he's snippeting a song. is it just something he's made up or is it something else? i'm completely oblivious.

it's been bugging me and i want to know.

help me out right now.

^^
The moment when Larry hits the drums at 4:03, the little harmonica part and Bono's added verse. Just fantastic!

I might be in the minority, but I've always liked the Lovetown versions way better than the Zoo TV versions.

I agree with Djerdap Zoomerang, I think it's Bongolese.

If you clicked on that link Schloop, you'd know.

It's Tempe, October 24th 1992.

He probably didn't do this bit as a conscious nod to Van Morrison, but the influence is there. You've got to love a total religious ecstasy thrown into a rock and roll song. Or I do, at least. This one might be a little better than Rotterdam, imo.

Original poster is right Zootv was the best ever performance. No argument. And segueing into Streets.....f*ck... As far as I'm concerned their greatest on stage moment ever. Nothing will ever come close.
Recent tour was a disappointment though. It's one of my all time favs of their and sadly the audience used it go get drinks and shit. Lame.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom