What If U2 Wasnt "U2"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So do I, I think it has a good ring to it... :wink:

Which member of the band thought up "U2" anyway?

Fram what I can recall hearing, the young Hype was presented with a bunch of potential names by an older friend of adam's. U2 was one of them, and the one they decided sucked the least.

Fram what I can recall hearing, the young Hype was presented with a bunch of potential names by an older friend of adam's. U2 was one of them, and the one they decided sucked the least.

It was actually Steve Averill, he who's designed all their early record covers, who came up with the name. And Steve was previously Steve Rapid of the Radiators from Space, Ireland's first punk band (for those who think Irish music starts and ends with U2.....)

I'm going to start a band tomorrow morning just to use that name.

All of Interference will be invited to our first concert, which will be held next February. We'll be playing as support for Brian Eno's Four Irish Slaves at the Kunstmuseum 1st anniversary spectacular.
There'd better A-reserve seating reserved for me, young Axver....

What if it had stayed The Larry Mullen Band forever? Larry could have been frontman/lead vocalist/drummer, with Bono just being rhythm guitarist and occasional backing vocalist.

What if it had stayed The Larry Mullen Band forever? Larry could have been frontman/lead vocalist/drummer, with Bono just being rhythm guitarist and occasional backing vocalist.

I don't even like to think about that!
Sorry, but I don't like Larry's voice at all!!

I think Adam and the Ants would be good name (hehee):up:

Back
Top Bottom