What does Brian Eno get paid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jon Seidman

The Fly
Any idea what Brian Eno charges to produce an album? I realize he probably get percentage points and because of writing credits different royalties... But has anyone ever heard or read what kind of income he made and continues to make off U2, Coldplay, James, etc...?

.. I don't have a clue, nor do I have any idea how someone would know this.

He's rich. And he does what he loves for a living. Why bother with the exact numbers?

I've heard he gets paid in women. It's true, that Brian Eno's got an insatiable sexual appetite.

He gets paid so well that he doesn't have to worry about money for the rest of his life, I bet.

Any idea what Brian Eno charges to produce an album? I realize he probably get percentage points and because of writing credits different royalties... But has anyone ever heard or read what kind of income he made and continues to make off U2, Coldplay, James, etc...?

Brian Eno doesn't know what he gets paid. Or at least that is his story. His wife Anthea is his manager. The story is that he doesn't want to know what he is being paid so that it doesn't color how he approaches the project.

I read about this in his new biography: On Some Faraway Beach: The Life and Times of Brian Eno.

Thank you Edge Orchestra for the only legitimate answer to a legitimate question. To the joke answers, ha ha, :) . To the buttheads who gave me a hard time for asking such a simple, harmless question, you are, well, buttheads. Jeez.

To the buttheads who gave me a hard time for asking such a simple, harmless question, you are, well, buttheads. Jeez.

butthead.gif

If U2 By U2 is anything to go by, he gets a bowl of chopped onions and a jab in the eye with a sharp stick.

Hmmm... don't know the answer, but hasn't he made a whole lot of money out of that Windows theme? :hmm:

Thank you Edge Orchestra for the only legitimate answer to a legitimate question. To the joke answers, ha ha, :) . To the buttheads who gave me a hard time for asking such a simple, harmless question, you are, well, buttheads. Jeez.

• You're welcome, for the real answer.
  • Joke answers were funny, mostly.
  • Might not be best to ask what someone makes, in pay, but under the circumstances - and knowing the time involved making a U2 album, I can see how the thought came up. So it isn't like you called his mother a bad name or something. Or asked the dreaded/tasteless and ultra cliche' "Boxer or Briefs" question. :D

• Or asked the dreaded/tasteless and ultra cliche' "Boxer or Briefs" question. :D

Or something even worse: "Do you pee in the shower?"
:crack:

WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU ASK U2 IF THEY PEE IN THE SHOWER

That interviewer was a freakin idiot. I forgot who she was, I just remember it was from the same interview in which Bono called Christ Martin a "wanker".

Or something even worse: "Do you pee in the shower?"
:crack:

WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU ASK U2 IF THEY PEE IN THE SHOWER

That interviewer was a freakin idiot. I forgot who she was, I just remember it was from the same interview in which Bono called Christ Martin a "wanker".

It was Jo Whiley from BBC Radio 1. I think that a lot of people doesn't like her. But maybe someone from England can tell us more about it.

I thought she was kind of cute.

As to your question... I think that Edge_Orchestra's answer will be the closest you'd get to knowing how much he gets paid. I don't think anyone around here would know further than that.

Back
Top Bottom