What do you like better round 2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swan269

Rock n' Roll Doggie
xanax and wine or fast cars?

heaven and hell or so cruel?

levitate or miracle drug?

sometimes you can't make it (thomas mix) or sometimes (album)

WGRYWH (temple bar) or WGRYWH (album)

fast cars
heaven and hell
levitate
sometimes album version
horses (temple bar)

Same as round 1 for me, the album song listed is the best.

Heaven and Hell is very nice to listen to though and I enjoy it, but I don't really ever compare it to So Cruel. SC is one of the highlights of AB for me. I absolutely love it. I also like the Temple Bar version of WGRYWH, but the album version is the one that belongs on the album for sure, and I still prefer it. There are times though that I do want to hear the Temple Bar version.

Fast Cars
So Cruel
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (album) ...I don't think I have heard the other version before:ohmy:

Same as round 1 for me, the album song listed is the best.

Heaven and Hell is very nice to listen to though and I enjoy it, but I don't really ever compare it to So Cruel. SC is one of the highlights of AB for me. I absolutely love it. I also like the Temple Bar version of WGRYWH, but the album version is the one that belongs on the album for sure, and I still prefer it. There are times though that I do want to hear the Temple Bar version.

i just made that comparision as that they are from the same album sessions and have kind of the same feel and subject matter.

levitate or miracle drug? (pass)

sometimes you can't make it (thomas mix) or sometimes (album) (and again)

i just made that comparision as that they are from the same album sessions and have kind of the same feel and subject matter.

That's kind of what I figured :up: :) I have always like what was going on with H&H, just never made that comparison before so it's interesting. I just love SC too much though... H&H may have come out ahead of another song though :hmm:

Xanax And Wine and Fast Cars are about equal. The former is refreshing after ages of hearing the latter, but the part where Bono sings about being somebody in their body or whatever like 18 times in row gets to me. Fast Cars by a bumper.

I think Screwtape will post in here just to pimp the Salome outtakes. :wink: But uh yeah, for the rest of us, I would think So Cruel wins.

Oh God, Levitate and Miracle Drug are both terrible. But Edge doesn't play slide on Levitate, so MD wins.

I have no idea what anybody sees in alt SYCMIOYO. It's a trainwreck in slow motion. Definitely have to go with the album version.

Both versions of WGRYWH are good, but the album version is awesome because the chorus actually feels like something. It's not just a change in the chord progression, it's sunlight cutting through the clouds. That is a great recording, even though U2 may disagree. Definitely album version.

Always the album/finished/commercial version.

Levitate can go suck something.
Same with Xanax and Wine. Christ I hate those lyrics. Fast Cars is superior in every regard. In general, I'm shocked how bad some of the early versions of songs that I love sound.

I love Bob Dylan's Bootleg series, I have tons of early bootlegs of Radiohead songs, but with U2, I always prefer the "original" version.

That said, the production in the Magnificent beach clip sounds very different and I'd love to hear it in a clean version, so to speak.

Gimme some Sexy Boots and French Disco.

Keep in mind that the version in the video isn't the pure Temple Bar version. The guitar in the intro is from the album version, and is not present on the two edits of the Temple Bar mix present on the WGRYWH single.

levitate or miracle drug?

Heaven and Hell

Miracle Drug

Sometimes (album)

WGRYWH (album)

Keep in mind that the version in the video isn't the pure Temple Bar version. The guitar in the intro is from the album version, and is not present on the two edits of the Temple Bar mix present on the WGRYWH single.

Really? You know I just was trying to listen to it again as I posted it from work and thought wait, why does the beginning sound like the album version, but not the album version. Ok so this is a mix up of them then?

Really? You know I just was trying to listen to it again as I posted it from work and thought wait, why does the beginning sound like the album version, but not the album version. Ok so this is a mix up of them then?

Yes, but after the intro, it's all Temple Bar.

Fast Cars, easily.
Don't care, never listen to either.
Probably depends on mood. Let's go with Miracle Drug today.
Any and all forms of SYCMIOYO can piss off.
WGRYWH album version.

fast cars

so cruel

miracle drug

Neither.

WGRYWH (album), I like the Temple bar version a lot, but I miss the trashy guitar on certain points which was replaced with piano.. and in the chorus the piano's on the foreground with the guitar being background noises? Phail!

Xanax and Wine.
So Cruel.
Don't care for either.
Something in between the two.
The sound of the album version, with the extension of the Temple Bar mix.

xanax and wine or fast cars

heaven and hell or so cruel

levitate or miracle drug

Xanax and Wine
So Cruel
Miracle Drug
Uh either, i dont really care
I prefer Temple Bar, but the album version just fits better on the album
Im chris and newer btw so Hello everyone

fast cars?
More of a kick than Xanax

heaven and hell?
Beautiful song that I hope is released in a more finalized form in the future. I will say though that So Cruel's early versions from the same outtakes are superior to Heaven and Hell in my mind.

miracle drug?
Coin toss I suppose. Both feel unfinished but Miracle Drug probably had more potential.

sometimes (album)
The alternate version feels to slow compared to the album version.

WGRYWH (album)
I love the opening of the album version though Temple Bar is good as well. Then again so are the early demos so there might not be a bad studio version of this song.

Fast Cars
So Cruel
Miracle Drug
SYCMIOYO Album Version
WGRYWH Album Version

I like Xanax and Wine and Fast Cars almost equally, but FC wins. So Cruel is one of my favorite U2 songs ever, actually.
I might get a rotten tomato for this, but I really love MD. I know it gets hated on a lot :lol: I certainly don't consider it among their greater works, but I love it just the same. As for the other two, those are songs where the album version is just the one I like better...not so for some other songs.

Back
Top Bottom