What do u think the fan ticket setup will be this time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok this is relatively reassuring, thanks for that information.

Even if I can't get tickets for the UK/Ireland dates in the general sale at least there is the option of buying from other fans in the sub-forum or from scalpers at a higher price - tbh after missing Vertigo (which was the first chance I could have had to see them but all the UK dates were in the middle of exams - stupid U2!!!), I will pretty much pay any money (within reason!) to get to see at least one show.

And it might just be me but, I really don't understand what that little 'tidbit' of info actuially meant from editorinchief....:|

we did this last time for Croke Park- we had 4 tickets for Friday and thanks to my brother driving about 8000 miles round trip we managed to do a swap on 2 of them with another fan for Saturday as well- there will be a forum specifically for doing this

^ Excellent thanks for that.

What exactly does 'will call' involve then? Is it some sort of proof-of-identity scheme? If its to stamp out scalpers and get tickets into real fan's hands then that is quality.

^ Excellent thanks for that.

What exactly does 'will call' involve then? Is it some sort of proof-of-identity scheme? If its to stamp out scalpers and get tickets into real fan's hands then that is quality.

Taking the same credit card used to make the purchase along with photo ID to the arena on the day of the show and showing the ticket window this information in order to claim your tickets.

Mikey, the will-call thing that's been rumored would go like this: You buy a set of tickets online or by phone. You don't receive them in the mail, instead, the day of the show, you go to the Will Call booth at the arena/stadium, you present the SAME credit card that purchased the tickets AND your photo ID (and I guess some variations of this scheme require the photo ID to MATCH the name on the credit card so YOU have to be the purchaser and present) and you get your tix. It cuts out scalping completely, but also cuts out legit trades, someone buying tix for someone else, not being able to make the show and needing to trade/sell your tix....

I guess if scalpers cant buy it means a lot more will be availible though, so I guess thats one good thing.

I hope they're leanient with photo ID types if it happens though, I dont have a passport. I only have a college ID. :uhoh:

Yeah if they do it that way I need to apply for a credit card. I share one with my husband and his name is on the card (and we don't have the same last name either) but I often go to shows with my girlfriends not him. I can use my bank debit card as a credit card but erm...that means I have to actually have the money in my account to buy tix. :wink:

Again, keep in mind we are only talking about "prime seats". Not every ticket in the venue will need to be picked up the day of the show.

Sorry to double post, but do think then that if this is true about the 'will call' system, that it would be worth non-members signing up to the website in order to be eligible for any pre-sale that may aim to exclude scalpers who would otherwise all sign up?

Again, keep in mind we are only talking about "prime seats". Not every ticket in the venue will need to be picked up the day of the show.

Yeah that would just create a new nightmare!

Mikey, I never joined anything last time and don't plan on it this time. My friend/tour buddy is a member (u2.com and was Propaganda) so she has access to any pre-sales. It really didn't help us one bit last time anyway.

Can anyone tell me about their experience in seats?

I had general admission for vertigo, but we got there late, so were no where near the front. The furthest me and my friend got was halfway to the front, and it was horrible, we couldnt see and got crushed, so we ended up moving to the back to sit on some free seats. (we were ok then, but still, miles away)

Are the seats ok? I would like to aim for a seat overlooking the stage prefereably. :)

Also are they cheaper??

I've been to a lot of gigs and I really can't bear it in seats, I try and always go for GA. Especially for U2 who I can't even begin to imagine what I will be like when I first see them live, I'd just wanna get down the front as near as possible and not be restricted by where I was sat.

Liesje, what part of the world are you in? I'm in the Uk so my concerns are that we get so few dates that it is a desperate scrap to get tickets. Any advantage through pre-sale would be appreciated.

Well, if I knew I could get anywhere near the front, Id get GA, but it seems unlikely as Id probably have to be transported by my parents, who have no sense of timekeeping whatsoever. :tsk:

Its not easy being short and 15 at a U2 concert. :(

It's not easy being short at a concert, period :angry: That's why you have to fight tooth and nail for a rail spot :wink:

i trust what you say but... one thing tho there is no way the tour will start in march.. the album is out beginning of march how could they pull that off? Tickets would have to go on sale this month for that to happen. We have no new single yet either. In the past, as I am sure you know their albums have come out in the fall (at least the last two have) so they have a few months of the new album out and PR stuff going on prior to touring. If you have noticed the U2 camp has been super quiet this time around..

IMO...if I was privy to some kind of info I would keep it to myself until I had more info to give and not put a teaser up like that it just stirs up the natives into a frenzy.

wont be quiet for long

single and dates this month

I don't mind being in line for a long time. I met some great people on Vertigo and Elevation from being in GA lines.

Liesje, what part of the world are you in? I'm in the Uk so my concerns are that we get so few dates that it is a desperate scrap to get tickets. Any advantage through pre-sale would be appreciated.

US. Less shows, but your stadiums can fit several times as many people, and the GA area I dunno....maybe 3-4 times as many people? (some people with stats like this, help me out!) Most of the shows I attended sold out in minutes (actually I think only one show did not sell out in minutes and I don't think it sold out at all - one of the Auburn Hills shows at the Palace), hence why I was only ever able to get one ticket in a general sale. Even the pre-sales were pretty insane. I only saw one stadium show - Hawaii - and was GA, second row off a rail on Adam's catwalk or whatever you call it. I much prefer arenas so I'm glad I live in the US even though the demand is out of control.

Yeh i see what you mean. I think I'm gonna just go for it and sign up to the website. If I don't and there is a 'will call' pre-sale for members then I will really regret not signing up, and if nothing else all I've done is lose however much - 30quid? Although I am supposed to be a poor student lol.

If editorinchief is right and dates are coming before Feb, I'd better get on with it I suppose!

Could someone please just quickly answer this question I have about the U2.com membership, I'd be very grateful.

I was at the checkout to purchase the membership but I was distracted by the fact that it said I was buying 'membership 07/08'. Does anyone know whether or not anyone who joins up know will be carried across automatically to 08/09? I just dont wanna pay the money only to find that it expires next week or something like that.

Thanks guys.

They don't accept new memberships. When u2.com is taken over by Live Nation there will be a new kind of membership.

Where did you hear this? So there will be no pre-sale for U2.com members? Why would U2.com be taken over by livenation?

Back
Top Bottom