what about the fans between 20 and 40????????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
28 male from Toronto. Been listening since Joshua Tree, but became a hardcore fan at Achtung.

32, Libra. Fan-atic since I watched on tv the ZooTV from Sydney on the 27th November 1993. By Dec 1st same year I had caught up on discography.:love:
Love chocolate and men. Hate bananas and worms.

39 years young! Sagittarius - Been a fan since boy!

First gig for me was Croke Park in 1987

I was the guy in the black and white Miami Vice style jacket :reject:

Born 9-1-1969 ( 39 now )

In 1987 I was in the Navy & a female friend gave me a book entitled The Unforgettable Fire ( Ring a bell Chels82 LOL :wave:)

Loved U2 ever since

Saw them live only once 12-10-05 Cleveland Ohio:love:

Hi Seth,

You are just a month older than me... 10/4/69. Ironically, I wasn't a big U2 fan till late 80s, early 90s. I remember With or Without You being a big hit in HS... a boyfriend serenading me. But I didn't really "get it" till later. Now I love them, they are my favorite band. I have seen them in concert everytime they come to my town. Let's see... my first U2 concert was ZooTV and I was hooked! Seen every tour since.

Cheers!

I hardly post. Usualy just an incessant lurker..

28, male, home is New York, temporarily living in India
been a fan since 95
Favoite album: Achtung Baby

My 2 cents on the new album:
Its great. It will definitely be longer lived than anything since Zooropa. It is exactly what I wanted from them: an album that doesn't try to be too much and doesn't try to be on the radio. Its a fine combination of some elements from the past and a bit of new sounds. Although I was initially disappointed that it was a bit less of a departure than I expected, I have come to understand that our band wants to ease us into this mix of atmosphere and darkness that I suspect will be an incredible follow up to NLOTH.

Just wanted to say that I really enjoy spending time on this blue entity we all call interference. In reading all the different opinions out there, I truly feel that as fans of this band, you all bring something unique and extatic to the table. Thanks for all you people out there that make my days just a bit more interesting..

35 male, married, with two daughters who are also U2 fans. :wave:

This thread made me realize how much i miss just sitting around with other people my own age talking about U2 and music in general.

It's hard being a U2 fan sometimes, it's very uncool in the general population and then you go to U2 forums and it seems even harder :angry: :reject:...but here we all are with a great new album and I love Interference.

I play guitar and bass and I love that every new album is, at the very least, a new batch of songs to learn.

I'm also mostly a lurker....:wave:

I'm 34 and started liking u2 with the Joshua tree. I still have my cassette tape of that, but you can't read the printing on it anymore. I didn't become addicted till ATYCLB. I didn't get to see them in concert till Vertigo.

Debbie

28 a Leo. I was born July 25,1980. Been into U2 since 1990. First concert, Popmart Tour Philly 6/8/97 I was 16 and a sophomore in high school. I live in New Jersey about 15 minutes from Philly and in the summer I live in Sea Isle City, NJ where I share a house for the summer with friends. Getting married this summer. Some people can't believe how old I am because they think I'm like 22.

28 a Leo. I was born July 25,1980. Been into U2 since 1990. First concert, Popmart Tour Philly 6/8/97 I was 16 and a sophomore in high school. I live in New Jersey about 15 minutes from Philly and in the summer I live in Sea Isle City, NJ where I share a house for the summer with friends. Getting married this summer. Some people can't believe how old I am because they think I'm like 22.

I have that problem too. I look like I'm 15 because I'm so short and I suppose I look young. But I'm 26. Just chalk it up to good genes!

I'm 22, Pisces, and been a fan since 2000. Never got to see them live though, as I have never been able to get tickets. I can't wait for the tour, here's hoping!

35. :wave:

I've been a casual U2 fan since about ... oh, probably 1986 or so. Whenever it was that my cousin bought me a copy of The Unforgettable Fire on cassette tape for Christmas.

I wasn't a die-hard fan until Rattle & Hum.

I'll be 27 29 March. I'm an Aries with a Gemini moon and a Cancer rising :D

I've been a fan since 97. My mum has never been a fan of thier music so it was up to me to discover them for myself. I became even more of a fan after HTDAAB came out whilst before I was just a casual fan. When I borrowed POP and AB from my neighbour I thought to myself "these are more exciting than (my favourite band at that time) Oasis. And Bono is a better singer than Liam" so from then on they were always one of my favourite bands. But I didn't become an obsessive until late 2004.

:wave: hey there!!

Just noticed you're into astrology maybe? seeing as you put your sun, moon and rising sign, OMG, I love astrology!! :D

:wave: think this is my category :D

I'm 28, female and Gemini, with Libra moon and Leo Rising. :D
Been a fan for a couple years now, since a friend lent me one of their cds, but have been steadily getting into them more and more!!

I like music, reading, going to gigs, shopping, make up, the internet, astrology.
I dislike meat, I'm vegetarian, erm, cold weather, snow, or too hot weather lol.

36...male...Aries.

Vividly remember Sunday Bloody Sunday on MTV. That was the beginning. Joshua Tree was the VERY FIRST CD I ever bought. I said out loud to my friends "what the fuck is this?" after my first listen to Achtung Baby...I now think it is their greatest album. Zooropa was the very last cassette I bought. My "moment of surrender" was seeing them at Rice-Eccles Stadium on May 3, 1997 in Salt Lake City. Popmart was it for me...that is what led to my addiction to bootlegs, b-sides and reading everything written about them.

I love Passengers, I find Rattle and Hum to be boring and I am having a hard time figuring out what song "Magnificent" pushes out of my top 5.

1. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
2. Stay
3. Beautiful Day
4. Bad
5. Lemon

The only bands who have a legitimate argument for being better than U2 are The Beatles and Led Zeppelin.

Great thread...this was fun!

30, female, a fan since i heard WGRYWH first time on the radio and i saw zoo tv tour live from sidney on tv (I think i knew pride before that,and with or without you...but i didn't like it at that time:huh:).
Like music,and love my 2 years old daughter, and my husband.
I'm from spain, went to popmart tour on 1997(madrid).
hate to have missed zoo tv tour.I'm going to try not to miss the new tour.

This age group is too big.

I discovered U2 in 1983 with War as an 11 year old.

A 20 year old wasn't even born yet.

Not trying to rain on the parade of this thread.

But, not sure how an age group that was around for the Joshua Tree Tour and ZooTv is in the same age group as those who are barely old enough to know what Popmart was.

And I am not harshing on the yutes.

Glad you all have found the boys. And hope they give you the 26 year ride I have enjoyed over the years.

:wave: hey there!!

Just noticed you're into astrology maybe? seeing as you put your sun, moon and rising sign, OMG, I love astrology!! :D

:wave:Yes. I know what my whole astrological birth chart is and I checked up Bono's. I think his rising is either Saggitarious or Leo because he has mostly planets in earth and water signs. His chart needs a kick to reflect the fact that he isn't an introvert.

:wave:Yes. I know what my whole astrological birth chart is and I checked up Bono's. I think his rising is either Saggitarious or Leo because he has mostly planets in earth and water signs. His chart needs a kick to reflect the fact that he isn't an introvert.

Oooh I love astrology, I love reading up on it. and doing everyones birth charts :D I think Bono has an interesting birth chart, ooh so his rising is either leo or sagittarius? wow. I dunno if this is correct time for him, but the info I have for his chart is 10th may 1960, dublin Ireland, born at 2am.:D

maybe we should start an astrology thread or somethin :applaud:

I'll be 25 later this month.
Became a fan in late 01, just in time to miss the Elevation tour. :doh:

But I got to see three Vertigo shows in 05, incl. the one with The Boss :drool:
I'll see two or three more this time around.:hyper:

U2 fan since 1992 and I'm not saying how old. Never seen the band live, partly because I never knew anyone in my age group who was into the band.

Oooh I love astrology, I love reading up on it. and doing everyones birth charts :D I think Bono has an interesting birth chart, ooh so his rising is either leo or sagittarius? wow. I dunno if this is correct time for him, but the info I have for his chart is 10th may 1960, dublin Ireland, born at 2am.:D

maybe we should start an astrology thread or somethin :applaud:

Really you know his time of birth? I just guessed that his rising could be either those 2 signs from the discription for them in my horoscope books. Sagitarious seemed like a good bet because of it's connection to travel, spirituality and "the jack of all trades" element. Plus it will mean that his sun could possibly fall in the 5th sign, which is ruled by Leo, and it will be very powerful here.

Back
Top Bottom