Weirdest place you've heard a U2 song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

floridita727

The Fly
Me: Bob Evans Restaraunt.

Friend & I went there for dinner tonight & "Moment of Surrender" came on. At first I thought "That sounds like U2." Listend for a sec. "That is U2!" then "Why are they playing U2 in Bob Evans?" Odd but pleasant surprise.

There must have been a U2 fan in the back picking the songs.

I was at McDonalds last week getting my Egg McMuffins and hashbrowns and I heard U2's Christmas song from 1988 and it felt so good. I love that cover! It's so good. Not that weird, I guess.

Quizno's also has great music; it's transmitted to all the restaurants, but it has lots of great '90s stuff. Pulp, The Beautiful South.

At a venue after a Marty Willson-Piper show.

It's not that it was such a weird place to hear a U2 song -- it was after all a bar/club that played rock music -- it was just the circumstances. Marty was holding court at the merch table, but most people had already talked to him, made their purchases and left, so there were only a handful of us left. All of a sudden Marty stopped talking, cocked his head, pointed at a speaker, and said "That is the only U2 song I actually like." Everyone listened to it for about 20-30 seconds, and then Marty picked up where he'd left off, and the moment was over.

The song was The Unforgettable Fire. If you are only going to like one song, this one isn't a bad choice.

(I thought of this place then and how many here would be horrified to know someone only liked one U2 song. And I thought of Axver because MWP was wearing a Porcupine Tree t shirt. :) )

kanye west concert.

it was the 18th november 2006. kanye west did his show, but it was really short, and then U2 came out and played for two hours.

weird. :huh:

I live in Copenhagen, and because of the climate summit there is a big globe and a lot of lights on the town hall square. There are some concerts scheduled through the week.

I walked past when they were soundchecking the PA and they played I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight - THE REDANKA VERSION

I was all :drool:

Soundcheck for the knowsley hall music festival a couple of years back, they had best of 1980-1990 on repeat for about 3 hours,

also universal studios citywalk where i see the video for magnificent being played on one of the be screens outside,

and the hotel where i stayed i heard moment of surrender in the lobby.

Not a particuarly weird place to hear them I guess, but the waitress in my local bar next to the Charles Bridge in Prague, puts the best of 1990-2000 when she sees me walking down the street on my way into the bar. Even Better Than The Real Thing is playing by the time my backside is on it's bar stool, cold pint of Pilsner Urquil pivo frothing in front of me! Quality.

Not a particuarly weird place to hear them I guess, but the waitress in my local bar next to the Charles Bridge in Prague, puts the best of 1990-2000 when she sees me walking down the street on my way into the bar. Even Better Than The Real Thing is playing by the time my backside is on it's bar stool, cold pint of Pilsner Urquil pivo frothing in front of me! Quality.

Pilsner :drool::drool::drool:

A supermarket I sometimes go to after work plays U2 now and then.

I remember being a bit embarrassed once because I was just testing the softness of avocados when suddenly Beautiful Day came on. Listening to U2 while squeezing vegetable is a very strange experience :lol:

There was this 24 hour IHOP where I went to school. We usually would hit it up after the bars close. At this one particular IHOP, the music played in the washroom is different from the music played in the restaurant. Anyway, I left to go sit on my throne and heard "Last Night On Earth." Natch, I stayed there for the whole song. When I returned, my friend asked what took so long. I told her I was Rocking The Piss Out.

This one time we left the radio on while gettin' it on, and Beautiful Day started playing. He was a U2 fan too, so we both found it amusing.

I heard Fast Cars a few weeks ago in Chili's... although this particular Chili's has played a handful of U2 songs before when I've dined there.

A couple days ago on Fox News they were tossing to a commercial, and they teased an upcoming story about a burglar who got stuck in the ceiling somehow with his legs dangling in the air, and they played about 10 seconds of Stuck In A Moment.

Take that, FNC haters. :wink:

kanye west concert.

it was the 18th november 2006. kanye west did his show, but it was really short, and then U2 came out and played for two hours.

weird. :huh:
:lol:

I live in Copenhagen, and because of the climate summit there is a big globe and a lot of lights on the town hall square. There are some concerts scheduled through the week.

I walked past when they were soundchecking the PA and they played I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight - THE REDANKA VERSION

I was all :drool:

Oh man, that's really cool! :drool: Great soundcheck song!

I still think my strangest U2 hearing experience would be walking around in Amsterdam and suddenly hearing something VERY familiar coming from an obscure emo clothes shop. It was friggin ACROBAT.

At the grocery store. Was quite a nice surprise :applaud: compared to some of the stuff they play.

My housemate is a drag queen and recently, while I was accompanying him on one of his gigs in a very raucous gay bar, he launched into an impromptu (and really rather good) version of With Or Without You. It's not exactly the most obvious choice for a drag queen, and hardly a party classic, but it went down really well!

^^ Mmmhmm :ohmy:
Jk ;)
My housemate is a drag queen and recently, while I was accompanying him on one of his gigs in a very raucous gay bar, he launched into an impromptu (and really rather good) version of With Or Without You. It's not exactly the most obvious choice for a drag queen, and hardly a party classic, but it went down really well!

You win!
I heart drag queens. Sounds awesome.

A couple days ago on Fox News they were tossing to a commercial, and they teased an upcoming story about a burglar who got stuck in the ceiling somehow with his legs dangling in the air, and they played about 10 seconds of Stuck In A Moment.

Take that, FNC haters. :wink:

That just makes me like Stuck less, not Faux more. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom