Walk On.....its paid off!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
According to reports. it looks as tho Aung San Suu Kyi will be released from her house arrest this weekend. Am sure the u2 lads will be thrilled about this having been behind her campaign for so many years.

Walk On!

it's been delayed until tomorrow apparently...

fingers crossed... really hope this happens...

Very good news! How cool would it be to have Aung Sung walk the Claw during Walk On at one of the upcoming shows in New Zealand/Australia?

Call me sceptical about this. The junta has done this for too many times (releasing her from house arrest, then having her locked up again). I wonder what the conditions will be for her release. Absolute silence regarding the situation is Birma probably.
Just because they might release her does not mean everything is OK now. Far from it, I'd say.

So until there is finally peace and democracy in Birma, Walk On!

Very good news! How cool would it be to have Aung Sung walk the Claw during Walk On at one of the upcoming shows in New Zealand/Australia?

She wont go to New Zealand/Australia, cause then she would not be able to go back to Burma again. They would not let her in. She's fighting for the freedom of Burma's people more than her own freedom.

They are releasing her now, because the election is over. If she goes out and continues her fight, the regime might just put her in house arrest again and give her another 20 years. :sad:

But I heard, she's been ill, so I don't know.... she doesn't sound like someone who would just give up.

quick update:

10.53am: The AFP news agency says there are unconfirmed reports that Aung San Suu Kyi has been released. AP says government officials have read a release order to her. PA reports that barricades outside her house have been removed.

The BBC's Adam Mynott says the riot police have left and hundreds of people have surged forward outside the gates. He says there are reports that the pro-democracy leader will adress the crowd later today.

Wow, I never thought I'd see this.

Amazing, will be interesting to see what happens.
I wish Burma all the luck in the world. Really incredible images.

yeah it's great, even better now they won't have to keep playing Walk On!!! I've never been a fan of that song and they have so many other songs that deserve to be played instead.

She won't come out , unless there are no conditions for her release.
Coming out with any restriction given by the junta would make no sense at all,
she probably would rather live another year of house arrest.

So I hope all news is true , becuase that would probably mean that she is free forever without any kind of suppression.

Almost to good to be true.

Back
Top Bottom