Vh1's 100 Greatest Artists Of All Time (U2 at #...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought it was a decent list, but I'm a little confused about how Prince was placed. I mean, I really like him and he has some great songs, but he's just not all that amazing in my opinion. I don't think he should have made the top ten.

Also, Michael Jackson moved up 38 places since the first list, and U2 has only moved up 10 places.

In the past 12 years, M.J. basically lived off his songs from the 70s/80s/90s, had only one semi-successful album, and went to court again for, well, you know. Then he bit the dust.

U2 has released 3 successful albums, embarked on 3 acclaimed tours, won numerous awards and have been in the news frequently for, for the most part, good reasons.

So how does Jacko place, not only higher than U2 on the second list, but has a significantly bigger leap than U2 on the second list?

If had U2 disbanded for whatever reason in the past 12 years, they would have placed higher on the list, maybe even in the top ten. :shrug:

And yes, Angel, I couldn't believe they missed Buddy Holly.

LOL at Michael Jackson being that high, esp. above Prince and Stevie.

I'm almost wishing he was still alive; at least before he died he was irrelevant and I didn't have to see and hear this hyperbolic shit all the time.

Almost.

Good show for U2; the only other modern acts ranked higher are Madonna and Nirvana, and I'm actually a little surprised that those two are, considering Madonna's last couple albums and the fact that Nirvana's impact seems to have faded a bit.

Regarding Madonna's most recent albums, Hard Candy might have been uneven but Confessions On The Dancefloor is generally regarded as excellent and went down very well on this side of the Atlantic.

Back
Top Bottom