Uploading Some Old U2 (and other musicians) Footage to YouTube - Head's Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Hey everyone,

I haven't posted over here in quite a while!

Our lovely Martha gave me some tapes about two years ago that she had recorded off of various television programs and now that we're in this strange new normal period, I figured it was as good a time as any to rip all of the content to YouTube.

There's a lot of different U2 stuff on here, for the most part. I don't know how much isn't already on YouTube, but I've certainly not seen some of it before, so I figured I'll just dump it all and if YouTube wants to pull it down, so be it.

So, here's the playlist I'll be adding everything to:

I've only uploaded one thing so far as a quick startup to make sure the whole dub process worked.

Anyways, I hope this brings some enjoyment. I've already got a good laugh out of Bono once again hating on Hip Hop. Oh how the times have changed.

Sorry to disappear for five years and not do anything...least of all release an awful album called Pop...THAT would be embarrassing...But we're back! And making REAL MUSIC! :bono:

Awesome! I'm really excited about doing this, it's proving to be pretty fun and it's putting my mind to something productive.

"When Bono calls an improv, which he does" -Dallas Schoo.
So you have to be on your toes once a month Dallas, no biggie. :lol:

Thanks for uploading these, had never seen the CNN piece. (Was at the Boston show on 6/6/01). Looking forward to what else you have.
Speaking of our lovely Martha, have you heard from her?

Haha, I think that was my favorite quote in the whole piece. And Bono clearly losing his mind two hours into filming the elevation video.

I talk to her frequently, she is well, to my knowledge :happy:.

There's something on this second tape I'm really excited about, as if it is what I think it is, I used to watch it A LOT as a teen just getting into U2. This has already all been really nostalgic for me, since it's a lot of Elevation Era interviews and specials and that's when I was at my most obsessed with the band (well, all the way into and past the Vertigo tour Era as well).

I skipped through to some interview footage from that Elevation one you posted Ashley and turned it off because all it did was make me extremely angry.

I'm finding it hard to believe that, in the space of just two years, U2 went from being transgressive and interesting and bold and rough and probing to safe, sweet and saccharine (and I say that as a big fan of ATYCLB). Depressing.

:laugh:, that's kinda funny only because I look back at all of these interviews so positively because I remember most of them from when I was first obsessively getting into the band. So, they present very happy memories to me, despite the fact that some of the things they're saying are wild.

I'm about to post one of my favorite U2 docs, also from the Elevation Tour and in it, I recall them speaking very kindly about PopMart, so maybe that will be better? Hah!

Alright, everything from Tape 1 is now up on YouTube. That wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.

I skipped through to some interview footage from that Elevation one you posted Ashley and turned it off because all it did was make me extremely angry.

I'm finding it hard to believe that, in the space of just two years, U2 went from being transgressive and interesting and bold and rough and probing to safe, sweet and saccharine (and I say that as a big fan of ATYCLB). Depressing.

Yeah, this was my fear as soon as I read "Elevation era". IMO the worst of the band on all fronts. Well, maybe not worst for Bono's hair but that's about it.

paul was fully ready to cut off adam's hands and leave him in a ditch when adam picked that chunk of beef off his plate.

Need that Paul McGuinness/Jabba the Hutt face merge right about now.

I went and found it. Oh boy, this is not one of my better jobs:

mcjabba.png

That's really annoying, I just paid Photobucket $5/mo to get access to my pictures back and there's a watermark? :\

It's a pain because I have SO many pictures on there. A lot of them are dumb and pointless, but they're nostalgic for me. I can't find a way to download them all so I can be done with the site altogether.

:laugh:, that's kinda funny only because I look back at all of these interviews so positively because I remember most of them from when I was first obsessively getting into the band. So, they present very happy memories to me, despite the fact that some of the things they're saying are wild.

I'm about to post one of my favorite U2 docs, also from the Elevation Tour and in it, I recall them speaking very kindly about PopMart, so maybe that will be better? Hah!

Same here 2001 was when I started getting obsessed with u2. ATYCLB was the u2 first album I became obsessed with , it was one of the first albums full stop I never stopped playing .

This era as a new found fan was unbelievable really , u2 were everywhere on every award show ,every music tv show , on every radio show , it really was a great time

2001 was a pretty cool year for U2. It was interesting seeing them regain a level of popularity they had not had since 87-92. It was also interesting seeing them do more shows and interviews than they ever done in their career up until that point.

2001 was a pretty cool year for U2. It was interesting seeing them regain a level of popularity they had not had since 87-92. It was also interesting seeing them do more shows and interviews than they ever done in their career up until that point.

What was especially interesting to me, following the year on this tape chronologically, was to see how involved in Post-9/11 US entertainment. The Salute to Service concert, interviews afterwards. It's just kinda wild to watch through a band trying to promote an album and a tour in the wake of something so devastating.

Back
Top Bottom