Ultra rare footage NY War Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK this is pretty cool. :up:

Around 35:25, in A Day Without Me, it sounds like he almost sings "city of blinding lights". Think it's actually "city of tiny lights"?

Oh the great memories :happydance: That was at the Palladium in 83, just around
the corner at 14th Street in New York city. I was 15 years old and the world was amazing.
The 1980s in New York City at that time was the best place to live.
Bono and his Mojo haircut. AAAAHAHAHA!
Those were the crazy cool days.
Back then the band didn´t need any sophisticated light system like the 360º tour.
It was just 5 lights on stage and they were rocking the house!
Perhaps they should go back to playing these smaller shows. Back to the good
old days. A more intimate show with the fans.
The Palladium was turned into a discotheque a few years later by the same owners
of Studio 54. I think it was 2 brothers. The place was extremely cool, four floors
high with the best light system and sound anywhere at that time.
Saw Madonna there once when she had just released the True Blue record. She was
real hot back then! :D

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Love seeing Bono go Bono when they get to "can't stop the dance" with the hat and what not.

OK this is pretty cool. :up:

Around 35:25, in A Day Without Me, it sounds like he almost sings "city of blinding lights". Think it's actually "city of tiny lights"?
Yeah, I think he sings ''city of tiny lights''. A Day Without Me is one of my favourites from the early years. Great energy!

BTW Larry's drumming in Electric Co is :drool:

Yeah, I think he sings ''city of tiny lights''. A Day Without Me is one of my favourites from the early years. Great energy!

The combo of Brick/ADWM was such a highlight of the War Tour.

I tried to figure out if that was a snippet in ADWM at all, but couldn't place it. There's a Frank Zappa song "City of Tiny Lites", but what Bono sings afterwards doesn't fit it at all.

Back
Top Bottom