UABRS remaster out today in Aust on CD/DVD. No deluxe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^^ Correct, anything "videotaped" with tube cameras has that effect when they are pointed into a spotlight, or bright light. Early home video camera had the same effect. When CCD cameras came out, that was one of the benefits, they no longer had the "light trails".

the only beef i have with it so far is the horrible, stupid, ridiculous cut in electric co. seriously, the bridge is one of the best parts in one of the best u2 songs ever. i know they had to keep the snippet out, but they could have done a better fucking job than that.

I guess there's still a need for the cassette version.

Favorite thing about this show: They come out and hit Out of Control like a ton of bricks. You can just sense the giddiness in the performance - especially how Edge sorta gets off track with Larry with the main riff in the beginning (he quickly corrects himself).

Well, UABRS was one of the best live albums back at that time (and it's still one of the best nowaday, IMHO). Short and too the point. Not too long.
You also have to remember that UABRS was released as a specially priced (i.e. lower) mini LP, thus increasing sales. The full concert would've been a double album, which probably wouldn't have sold much.

For what it's worth, after editing out the announcer and Bono's "Say Hello to Japan" bit, I did manage to fit the whole concert (sans I Fall Down, of course) onto one CD, though at 75:33 it doesn't quite meet redbook standards.

Still would never have fit on one vinyl LP...

But you're right, I still have very fond memories of the UABRS album from the 80's.

What are the Easter Eggs?

I have only seen 1. has anyone found any more? In the one so far:

A lot more backstage stuff. More from the quick backstage shot we see of the 4 of them in the beginning of the DVD. Bono out and about with the crowd before the show. Looks like he sat and talked in the rain with fans who were there early. Signing autographs and just meeting them. A phone conversation he is having with somebody about not cancelling the show. We see a bit more of the shot that we've seen for years of Bono right before the SBS vid (with the flame behind him), seems he was backstage looking at the crowd right before the show. Then there's a montage of the show and the fans set to SBS, has some different shots than what we see in the SBS video.

eastereggs.jpg

:shrug:

:This is the traditional idea behind the "Easter Egg". Extend that idea into the digital world, and an Easter Egg is something that is hidden, in some form of media. Way back when Microsoft released Excel (as an example) there was an easter egg in the software. The developers hid a game in the program. You had to fill certain fields of the spreadsheet with a specific value, etc. and you were able to unlock this 'Doom-like' game. Well much the same concept goes for easter eggs on DVD's. The developers who make the DVD's, their menu systems, etc. tend to hide special features on the disc."

Googled.

From another site:

During one of the quieter moments in "The Electric Co.," Adam Clayton plays a three-note bass line (ding, ding, ding) and Bono answers back with a few lines sung to the tune:

"Shhh... 2-3-4. 2-3-4. Why must I hide from myself...when I need the crowd? Bring on the crowd. I love this crowd."

And the band brings everything back up with Bono in full crowd ass-kiss ecstasy: "THIS IS MY HOMETOWN! HELP ME! HELP ME!" Problem was, nobody cleared the copyright, and when Under a Blood Red Sky was released, Sondheim sued. The band ended up paying $50,000 and ensure that all future releases of the album would have the SITC bit edited out.

From another site:

During one of the quieter moments in "The Electric Co.," Adam Clayton plays a three-note bass line (ding, ding, ding) and Bono answers back with a few lines sung to the tune:

"Shhh... 2-3-4. 2-3-4. Why must I hide from myself...when I need the crowd? Bring on the crowd. I love this crowd."

And the band brings everything back up with Bono in full crowd ass-kiss ecstasy: "THIS IS MY HOMETOWN! HELP ME! HELP ME!" Problem was, nobody cleared the copyright, and when Under a Blood Red Sky was released, Sondheim sued. The band ended up paying $50,000 and ensure that all future releases of the album would have the SITC bit edited out.

Could you please tell me the source of this quote. It sounds interesting and very plausible (that future releases had to have the snippet edited out), so I want to read a bit more about it.
Thanks! :)

I'm suprised they're so cheap :up:

Both Big W and Sanity have the deluxe versions on their websites for ~$65
UNDER A BLOOD RED SKY / LIVE AT RED ROCKS (CD/DVD NTSC) (U2): Music: BIGWentertainment.com.au
U2 / UNDER BLOOD RED SKY / LIVE AT - Sanity.com.au - More Movies - More Music

So what exactly do you get for the extra $30 if you buy the deluxe version? I think i might just buy them individually if there's no difference...

probably get nothing extra, I noticed they had the price nearly doubled as well for the earlier individual remastered 'deluxe' editions here in Australia, compared to buying it on Amazon, where I got the box set which had all 3 for AUD$81 (that includes shipping cost) so still saved me heaps as individually to buy here = AUD$195! :huh:

so yay for AUD being so up at the time against the USD, and although its dropped somewhat now, I still have ordered the deluxe UABRS/Red Rocks deluxe edtn for AUD$52 (includes shipping) so still cheaper again than the AUD$65 here in stores! and because it needs to fit in the box set I thought I must fill in the gap LOL :lol:

yay for Amazon :applaud: and it's shipped, yay on its way :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom