UABRS remaster out today in Aust on CD/DVD. No deluxe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:faint: that was good.

It looks gorgeous and it sounds great. Worth every penny paid, though it would have been nice to have an extra surprise or 2.

... ok well there was this :ohmy:

amazingmullet.jpg

:up:

Has anyone in Australia managed to get the Deluxe version yet?
EzyDVD says there's a distribution delay...

yeah, not only Australia, apparently in some parts of the world UABRS remaster and Red Rocks DVD were released 26/09, while the deluxe version is released a week later :huh::angry:

from nick,

i don't know why they never released the full show on cd, it could have been one of the best live albums back at that time and still would be today,

from nick,

i don't know why they never released the full show on cd, it could have been one of the best live albums back at that time and still would be today,

Well, UABRS was one of the best live albums back at that time (and it's still one of the best nowaday, IMHO). Short and too the point. Not too long.
You also have to remember that UABRS was released as a specially priced (i.e. lower) mini LP, thus increasing sales. The full concert would've been a double album, which probably wouldn't have sold much.

yeah, not only Australia, apparently in some parts of the world UABRS remaster and Red Rocks DVD were released 26/09, while the deluxe version is released a week later :huh::angry:

I don't understand. This IS the deluxe version. We here in Europe have the Deluxe Edition since last week, it's the remastered UABRS CD and the Red Rocks Concert DVD with the booklet. There is no other version available as far as I know.

I don't understand. This IS the deluxe version. We here in Europe have the Deluxe Edition since last week, it's the remastered UABRS CD and the Red Rocks Concert DVD with the booklet. There is no other version available as far as I know.

I'm just saying that in some parts of the world this version:
Amazon.co.uk: Under A Blood Red Sky: U2: Music
and this version:
Amazon.co.uk: U2 - Live At Red Rocks - Under A Blood Red Sky [1983]: U2: DVD
were released last week...
while this "deluxe" version:
Under a Blood Red Sky/Live at Red Rocks (Deluxe CD & DVD): U2: Music: Amazon.co.uk
is released this friday
I don't know why, I don't know where, I know here in Poland the deluxe version is released a week later:angry:

the only beef i have with it so far is the horrible, stupid, ridiculous cut in electric co. seriously, the bridge is one of the best parts in one of the best u2 songs ever. i know they had to keep the snippet out, but they could have done a better fucking job than that.

the only beef i have with it so far is the horrible, stupid, ridiculous cut in electric co. seriously, the bridge is one of the best parts in one of the best u2 songs ever. i know they had to keep the snippet out, but they could have done a better fucking job than that.

I don't see why they had to cut the snippet out, though. Surely they can pay for the royalties. Think about how much Exit would suck on the Paris DVD without Van's Gloria, f'instance. They got away with that. Why couldn't they do the same for Red Rocks?

I miss this snippet, too, and don't see why they couldn't have included it. Plus, in comparing the actual lyrics of Send In The Clowns to what Bono sings, it's totally different. Does he just change some words around or what? Oh well, the remaster still kicks all sorts of ass. I love the show so much I bought both the deluxe set and DVD by itself.

I don't see why they had to cut the snippet out, though. Surely they can pay for the royalties. Think about how much Exit would suck on the Paris DVD without Van's Gloria, f'instance. They got away with that. Why couldn't they do the same for Red Rocks?

It could very well be that it isn't a question of money, but that there are other reasons why the copyright holder(s) refuse to give permission.

Does anyone have some really weird red lines on the screen during the closeups? Looks my DVD is faulty... shit.

They've always been there, it's part of the video tube. You have nothing to worry about.

Yeah, I've seen the other reactions, thanks. A bit too extreme for an official DVD, ain't it? Those lines are very visible and it can be pretty irritating.

Yeah, I've seen the other reactions, thanks. A bit too extreme for an official DVD, ain't it? Those lines are very visible and it can be pretty irritating.

Did you listen to the Director's Commentary? He explains why they are there. There was no way to remove them, so either we live with them on DVD, or we wouldn't get a DVD at all. I am so happy to have the DVD, especially with its great new 5.1 audio mix, that I didn't even notice the picture burns after the first viewing.

Yes... check the Song Selection Menu... :hmm:

THANKS!!!!!!!! I had tried it in my my dvd player and couldn't get to that, but it's works fine in my laptop. :up:

Hey, we finally see where the shot of Bono at the beginning of the SBS vid comes from! Cool. :)

A lot more backstage stuff. More from the quick backstage shot we see of the 4 of them in the beginning of the DVD. Bono out and about with the crowd before the show. Looks like he sat and talked in the rain with fans who were there early. Signing autographs and just meeting them. A phone conversation he is having with somebody about not cancelling the show. We see a bit more of the shot that we've seen for years of Bono right before the SBS vid (with the flame behind him), seems he was backstage looking at the crowd right before the show. Then there's a montage of the show and the fans set to SBS, has some different shots than what we see in the SBS video.
You also have to enter a password, but it's pretty simple to figure out. I could just post it here but I don't want to make anyone mad who might want to figure it out themselves. I just tried random numbers til I got it but maybe it has significance I'm not getting at the moment :shrug:

I got the deluxe yesterday , seen the dvd three times since then:drool:
It`s perfect , glad it`s out finally!

Two things I forgot about the show.
(It`s been a while coz my video broke down 3 years ago haha! )
1 After the guitar solo on ITABTAW , Edge throws away the slide-metal thing , you seen it flowing through the air during the stage camera angle , funny!
2 Larry just rules on Gloria:yes: ( ahhh...good old days:wink: )

Cheers ,

Mauwer
p.s. Gonna listen to the cd-remaster now!!!!

I have watched the dvd 3 times now too :drool:
It's sort of mesmerizing... once you start, you can't stop watching.

Does anyone have some really weird red lines on the screen during the closeups? Looks my DVD is faulty... shit.

It has to do with the cameras, when they were filming the spotlight directly, there was a kind of reflection that lingered a while, just like a real eye when you look directly into a light.

I still haven't had time to watch the DVD but I'll do this weekend and I'll look hard for the Easter Eggs. :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom