U2's 'X-Radio' on Sirius

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i think the name Miami would have worked for the album, Super City Mania too. they clearly chose the best artwork for the album cover though regardless of the name. that green "mi@mi" cover is an utter abomination straight from Y2K hell and they would have rightfully been dragged if they put out something that awful. the ashtray cover isn't bad, it would be an order of magnitude better though without the words in the middle. godzilla is cool artwork too but a dumb album name and neither really fits the vibe of the album or the band. it's kinda funny how similar but also very different the left novelty act cover is to the actual HTDAAB cover. and whoever seriously thought "You2" was good hopefully never got a say again after submitting that.

the staring at the sun one is easily my favourite of all the rejects - that would have been a dope cover for the single release.

Last edited:
I think the Pop cover is easily their worst up to that point and I'd take most of the alternate covers over it. Seems like the longer they worked on it the more it suffered imo. Last Night on Earth is regarded by Edge as being a key track but I don't even think it belongs on the album. Holy Joe is a better fit.

giphy.gif

I think the Pop cover is easily their worst up to that point and I'd take most of the alternate covers over it. Seems like the longer they worked on it the more it suffered imo. Last Night on Earth is regarded by Edge as being a key track but I don't even think it belongs on the album. Holy Joe is a better fit.

Have to disagree. Looking at the other ideas/covers I think they made the correct choice. For some reason the sound of the album always reflected the different colors on the cover.

For some reason the sound of the album always reflected the different colors on the cover.

It's pretty deceptive, too. On the surface, both the music and artwork appear vibrant and fun. But when you really look and listen, the bright colors are actually pretty muted and the album is pretty fuckin' dark. Definitely my favorite album cover, along with Zooropa.

Have to disagree. Looking at the other ideas/covers I think they made the correct choice. For some reason the sound of the album always reflected the different colors on the cover.

I think the album cover is spot on, as was the Popmart staging, the tour programme etc.

Dammit U2, give me more Pop-era goodies!!!

Butch Vig played a remix I’d never heard before of Daddy’s Gonna Pay and it was delightful! Do yourself a favor and check out his set

Back
Top Bottom