U2's Ultimate Work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jon Seidman

The Fly
Most artists have a single work that they are most often associated with even though their creative contributions to the work might be vast and diverse. For example, Davinci hasthe Mona Lisa and the Rolling Stones have "Satisfaction". What is U2's equivalent? A single song? Album? Performance?

It looks as though 'One' will probably be the song people most associate with U2, even though I don't really think it represents their very best work.

In America, unfortunately, all that gets associated with U2 fans is Pride, the Joshua Tree, maybe two songs off of Achtung (One and Mysterious Ways), and the last two albums.

You silly bugger. It's Womanfish. Christ, with an answer like that, I wouldn't even think you're a U2 fan!

Womanfish? Psh! I Trip Through Your Wires In This Town is quite clearly far more prominent than Womanfish in this town.

Oh, Is That All is another song U2 will be remembered by... as an Ultimate Work.

The guy from Kyrgyzstan quite disapproves of this and is going to have The Cry of his life.

He's way too personally invested in the Boy era, you see.

Album = The Joshua Tree, maybe Achtung Baby

Performance = Under A Blood Red Sky, Live At Red Rocks / [:edit:] Live Aid

Song = well theres many,.... One, With Or Without You, Streets, Pride,
Beautiful Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Years Day, & more

Back
Top Bottom