U2's third masterpiece...in touring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Elevation was certainly loved among the critics and fans, and it was all the more emotional after 9/11.

People go on and on about Lovetown :rolleyes:

Lovetown this, Lovetown that :blahblah: How many of you actually were there?

Lovetown = Overrated.

For all it's poor reception, PopMart was an awesome tour.

I was at two Love Town shows , what a tour:drool:
Amsterdam ( super , even though the B-man lost his voice that night )
And Rotterdam 10th Jan 1990 ( best U2 show I have ever seen )

For me ,
01 Lovetown
02 Zoo TV
03 Popmart \ Vertigo

Cheers ,

Mauwer

If anybody doesn't know my response, they've been living under a rock or only just registered.

Both the JT Tour and ZooTV pale in comparison to the glory of Lovetown.

You bet your gold-plated ass they do...and if anybody says "Kermit" they forfeit a testicle.

Elevation far and away. Its when i discovered U2 and fell in love with them. ATYCLB is my favorite album too . Elevation is their best DVD. 2001 was a magic year and that tour/album was the soundtrack to very special memories that are forever linked. Vertigo was missing something, maybe it was the album i dont know, but i believe this current tour has the possiblity to be the best.

Can only talk about the tours I've been too, no matter how good the bootleg or DVD, it isn't quite the same, so Zooropa London Wembley Stadium, Popmart Chicago Soldier Field, and second Miami (Sunrise) show Elevation for me (just having them come in with the house lights on was awesome). Went to several shows on those tours, but those nights stand out...never saw them live on the other tours...

i can see why some people get annoyed at people going on about Lovetown when they weren't actually there, but to be fair listening to the few individual tracks (and full point depot concert) and they're all fantastic! I wasnt at Zoo TV but I can still see how amazing that tour was and understand its impact. In short, Lovetown's just a band hitting the road to play the music they love playing and doing a fucking great job of it. Just listening to God Part II is bloody incredible. Absolutely top of their game. I only wish I wasn't just 1 years old at the time :reject:

I've only been to Elevation and Vertigo. Both were :love:

Very excited about the 360 tour. Curious as to how receptive I'll be towards the whole thing (first time seeing them in a stadium setting). If it's anything like the stadium shows I've seen of ZooTV and PopMart, then... :love::love:

from the tours I went to see

ZOO TV was very cool
POPMart was better cause it had more heart
Elevation was even a lot better as a concert experience
Vertigo felt as the band on top of their game and enjoying themselves a lot more

IMHO U2 just keeps getting better as a live band
can't wait till july

For all it's poor reception, PopMart was an awesome tour.

I had a GA ticket to the show in Toronto, but couldn't make it. Huge regret...I had some sort of university conference at the time...somehow I thought that was more important.

Elevation was great...finally made it to Toronto for that one.

I think this coming tour has the potential to be one of the greatest...most of NLOTH should be incredible live. I'll forever be spoiled by Vertigo, however. I'm the 'believer' in the blue shirt, to the right of Bono:

287mb1v.jpg

zoo tv was great
popmart was great also
elevation was boring
vertigo was only interesting because of the tech stuff.

would have loved to attend a lovetown show.

now watch some dumbass take offense at me saying elevation and vertigo was uninteresting.

sure, if it makes you feel better you can call me a dickhead too :shrug:
but at least I don't feel the need to end a post stating anyone who disagrees with me is a dumbass
whatever floats your boat though

but at least I don't feel the need to end a post stating anyone who disagrees with me is a dumbass

now where did i say that? please show me.
since your so smart and educated i'd think you'd be able to see that my line meant someone will most likely be "mr jumpedupjackshit" and take me not liking those tours personal. kinda like you just did.

come of it
what good is gonna come from ending a post with a comment like "now watch some dumbass take offense at me saying ....."

really?

:shrug:

Will everybody stop being Nuff Nuffs?

Or I will have to be one too.

11 O Clock, Tick Tock was the best tour they have ever done. :wink:

my arms have that effect on people...

While I can’t be positive I will say that I think those arms are mine... looks like my watch and ring and camera, I was standing in that location on the second night.

And yes, I was wearing a ONE bracelet - I'm sooo-ooo trendy.

I hate to say something when it seems like the issue has basically died off, but...

now watch some dumbass take offense at me saying elevation and vertigo was uninteresting.

I think this comment already cornered the dumbass market :up:

and it took a dumbass to recognize it.:applaud:

get a friggin life will ya.

...we could do without the insults. Surely you both know that we don't allow that sort of stuff here.

Okay, now let's carry on with the thread!

Back
Top Bottom