U2's New Single: 'Blow Your House Down'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sue4u2

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
From @U2:

U2's New Single: 'Blow Your House Down'
Posted: November 04, 2011
By: Matt McGee / @mattmcgee

U2 has released a single to help support this week's 20th anniversary release of Achtung Baby. "Blow Your House Down," a track that appears on the 2CD, Super Deluxe and Uber Deluxe versions of Achtung Baby, was sent to North American radio stations as a digital download last week. We don't know the exact date, but a source in radio tells us it was before Halloween. The song is already getting some airplay on Classic Rock and Triple-A (Adult Album Alternative) stations, too.

Releasing a single isn't a huge surprise, but the choice of "Blow Your House Down" is. Bono had previously mentioned that he was pushing to get "Even Better Than The Real Thing (Fish Out Of Water Remix)" released as the single supporting Achtung Baby.

Matt McGee, @U2 Founder/Editor
U2 Home Page: @U2 - U2 News, U2 Lyrics, U2 Photos and more!

This was emailed to me at 4pm??? :hyper:

I checked U2.com a few minutes ago, nothing there. Strange way to promote a single, completely not hyping it. Very non Bono.

"Bono had previously mentioned that he was pushing to get "Even Better Than The Real Thing (Fish Out Of Water Remix)" released as the single supporting Achtung Baby."

Thank god saner heads prevailed.

I've actually had the chorus to that song stuck in my head all day.

I just checked the local AAA station (they're fairly friendly to U2), but they haven't played it. One, Mysterious Ways, and EBTTRT have a few plays a piece, but that's normal for this station.

Bono:
tumblr_ls7crd3LJ11qafrh6.gif

"Bono had previously mentioned that he was pushing to get "Even Better Than The Real Thing (Fish Out Of Water Remix)" released as the single supporting Achtung Baby."

Thank god saner heads prevailed.

Or not.

Sounds to me like a good old 'radio single'. That concept's been around for years to promote something without necessarily releasing it as a proper, purchasable single. To give one example from U2's past, 'The Ground Beneath Her Feet' was also released as a radio single, but never as a physical single, when the MDH Soundtrack came out back in spring 2000. I can remember hearing it on radio a few times around that time but nothing that made a big dent in the public consciousness. And there have been numerous other radio promo singles - 'Lemon' too got a radio edit without a CD single release, as far as I can remember.

So nothing to get too excited about, and nothing to get too disappointed about when nothing much happens and people here begin to say 'why don't they promote this properly', etc, etc, etc. (Not that that will stop Interference's usual hyper reaction...)

Sounds to me like a good old 'radio single'. That concept's been around for years to promote something without necessarily releasing it as a proper, purchasable single. To give one example from U2's past, 'The Ground Beneath Her Feet' was also released as a radio single, but never as a physical single, when the MDH Soundtrack came out back in spring 2000. I can remember hearing it on radio a few times around that time but nothing that made a big dent in the public consciousness. And there have been numerous other radio promo singles - 'Lemon' too got a radio edit without a CD single release, as far as I can remember.

So nothing to get too excited about, and nothing to get too disappointed about when nothing much happens and people here begin to say 'why don't they promote this properly', etc, etc, etc. (Not that that will stop Interference's usual hyper reaction...)

Breathe got one too from NLOTH. It was a slightly different version than the album version. I heard it once, and that was it, never to be heard again!

Back
Top Bottom