U2's most "Rock n Roll" moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, it caused quite the stir, didn't it? Didn't the mayor or somebody scold Bono, and then Bono ended up paying the fees to have the graffiti cleaned up?

Easy: Jan 10th 1990. Desire followed by All Along The Watchtower.

Never before or after have they been so much on it. The In God's Country snippet at the end of Watchtower is unbelievable. Bono's voice... so much conviction. And the band are simply on fire.

I mean... they're a rock band... I'd say just about everything they do is rock. Scratch that, everything they've done is rock.

but if you want that stereotypical 'rock star' sound... I cant think of any live moments or shredding guitar solos or anything like that.. song-wise probably Sunday Bloody Sunday on some of their past live performances.

Err, rock-and-roll lifestyle? Hmm... band member missing a show due to drunkeness? nvm

I mean... they're a rock band... I'd say just about everything they do is rock. Scratch that, everything they've done is rock.

but if you want that stereotypical 'rock star' sound... I cant think of any live moments or shredding guitar solos or anything like that..

Uh...in terms of live balls-out guitar look no further than Last Night on Earth, All Because of You (<-ESPECIALLY!!!), I Will Follow, 11 Oclock, Electric Co...just a few off the top of my head

I heard All Because of You on the radio this morning. And I thought to myself "this shit rocks on the radio!".

I still like ABOY. Smite me, oh mighty smiter. :zen:

shhh... say anything remotely positive about all because of you and the interference gods will smite thee.

I know, but that guitar is fucking great, you gotta admit. Maybe it's the vocals that turn people off, cause that's some of Edge's best traditional rock guitar playing ever imo. I'd sooner play that shit on Rock Band or Guitar Hero than Vertigo. :rockon:

I know, but that guitar is fucking great, you gotta admit. Maybe it's the vocals that turn people off, cause that's some of Edge's best traditional rock guitar playing ever imo. I'd sooner play that shit on Rock Band or Guitar Hero than Vertigo. :rockon:

maybe it's the fact that if you are within 10 metres of headphones when the song comes on you get permanent hearing damage.

Most rock and roll U2 moments IMO are:
Where the streets have no name live in sydney on Zoo Tv tops everything, but these are the rest:
1. Exit
2. God Part II
3. The Fly
4. Until the end of the world
5. Hawkmoon 269
6. No line on the horizon
7. Elevation (especially live in milan)
8. Vertigo
9. Even better than the real thing
10. City of blinding lights.

The start of ABOY reminds me of that Aphex Twin track 'Ventolin'. Go check it out on Youtube, but you have been warned.

I actually love that siren thing at the beginning of All Because of You. Loud, yet awesome.

the only thing i like about ABOY is Adam's bass part halfway thru the song

I know exactly which part you mean. :D

The only thing I dislike about ABOY is that siren in the beginning. I first listened to Bomb on headphones, loudly. :crack: My ears have never been the same again.

front_000320.jpg

Back
Top Bottom