U2's Best Chorus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AtomicBono

ONE love, blood, life
So as I was listening to the Breathe beach clip I thought that surely it had to be up there with U2's best choruses... what do you guys think U2's best chorus is? There are a lot of contenders imo - OOTS, Gone, Streets, Pride, The Fly, Stay, SATS just to name a few...

my pick is Beautiful Day. It's rocking, uplifting, fits the song perfectly...the "touch me..." part really just takes the song to another place (thank you Edge!). I think Beautiful Day will be remembered as a truly classic song for decades to come, thanks to the chorus.

thoughts?

Probably not the best, but I think it's worth a mention. Walk To The Water. I really like Lady With The Spinning Head too.

I may get killed for this but Mercy is one of if not their best. :up:

I completely agree. It's a very U2 chorus...Edge's simple, emotive, effective guitar, Bono's passionate vocals, rhythm section lifting it up...it sounds especially great after the verses.

I do wish they'd release Mercy just so they'd play it live...

good picks so far, definitely like Lady With The Spinning Head though I much prefer The Fly chorus. Walk to the Water isn't one I would have thought of, but it's an interesting choice.

There are just way too many for me to choose. For a chorus I really like Streets, Beautiful Day, COBL, Ultraviolet, WGRYWH. I think the bridge in Ultraviolet is awesome though!

The "I'm wide awake... I'm not sleeping" from Bad counts, right? Because that gets my vote.

Beautiful Day, Stuck In A Moment, Crumbs From Your Table, The Fly are all good as well.

ETA: I bet I'll get killed for saying Stuck, but I don't care.

I agree that Breathe's chorus will be a contender for best, but I'd put Angel of Harlem up there near the top.

Surrender, Two Hearts Beat As One, Lemon, Drowning Man, Stay, Wire, Indian Summer Sky, One Tree Hill, Red Hill Mining Town, Tomorrow, In God's Country, I Fall Down.

I forgot about Bad... which is weird because it is my favourite song of all time. But yeah... it has a good chance of winning.

Mercy, too, has a great chorus.

1. Beautiful Day
2. Ultraviolet
3. Where the Streets Have No Name
4. The Fly

1.)Pride
2.)Streets
3.)Beautiful Day
3.)Lady with the spinning head

A ton of close ones that could fill spot 5, but these to me are the top 4 easily. Here are some great ones: Bad, Luminous times, In God's Country, Surrender, Wild Horses, COBL, levitate, always(though its BD pretty much), are you gonna wait forever, rise up..... a pattern emerges w/me: ALOT more b-sides than you'd expect have great U2 choruses.

Mysterious Ways! It's definitely one of the best...can't believe nobody's mentioned it yet.

New Year's Day. Still the best.

First U2 chorus I ever heard. You never forget the first time.

that is a great one. I really like that song...very Beatles-esque. I feel like that'd be a sure #1 single. Some people think it's too cheesy but I think it's money.

its too bad we'll probably never get to hear that in its proper form. would've liked to see them polish it up and release it.

Bad, Pride, New Year's Day, Where the Streets Have No Name, Beautiful Day ... they've done well with choruses.

Back
Top Bottom