U2's 8th Best Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigMacPhisto

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Various polls on Interference throughout the years, including one that I've just conducted (Albums You Meet In U2 Heaven), have nearly always determined that U2's triumvirate of masterpiece albums seems to be Achtung Baby, Joshua Tree & The Unforgettable Fire.

Via a new polling system, we have also determined that No Line On The Horizon, POP, Zooropa & Boy are the band's fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh best albums.

Now, let's determine the correct ranking for the rest of the band's catalog. Officially.

Simply post the next three greatest studio albums that you feel U2 has delivered, in order of quality. The album that attains 50% of the ranked-choice voting will be declared the band's eighth greatest album.

(For those that don't know, ranked-choice voting is where we'll count all of the first place votes to begin with. If no album exceeded fifty percent of the first place votes, then we eliminate the lowest vote getting album for first place and count those user's second place votes and so-forth. Eventually, one album will have to be the remaining #1 pick for a majority of voters.)

The remaining albums:

October
War
Rattle & Hum
Original Soundtracks I
All That You Can't Leave Behind
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

My Ballot:

1. All That You Can't Leave Behind
2. War
3. October

Results So Far:

All That You Can't Leave Behind - 8 (includes a second place vote from intedomine)

War - 7

I'm declaring this one for War. It always tends to finish ahead of All That You Can't Leave Behind in "choose your favorite" polls with a percentage usually slightly above, or more recently, below Boy. It makes sense and if more Interferencers had voted, I think War would have stomped over All That You Can't Leave Behind.

Meanwhile, All That You Can't Leave Behind losing by a mere one vote assures us that it would have cleared 50% in our next round.

So, War is U2's eighth best album and All That You Can't Leave Behind is their ninth.Therefore, we will move on to a final round.

Back
Top Bottom