U22 ♫ Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ones that stand out so far: TUF, Stay, Elevation, and COBL. Nice to see an Ultraviolet that's a bit different from the other released versions too.

From today's update:

11. BAD Recorded at Stadio Olimpico, Rome, 8 October 2010

For those keeping score by the year, Disc 1 will read:

2011 - 6
2010 - 3
2009 - 2

Disc 2 is incomplete, but 2009 has 3, 2010 has 2, and 2011 will have one (Zooropa 360 was only played in 2011)

2011 will have at least two, as Out Of Control was also only played on the 360 Tour in 2011 (tour debut at Sao Paulo 2).

Thanks for that. I see that the 45 sec clips had it listed as Montreal 2, but we'll see.

Zooropa - Baltimore? - from clip
MoS - Perth 2? - from clip
Walk On won't be 2011, MLK was '09 and '10 only.

So the email just sent today says it is NOW RELEASED and on the way. :hmm: Can't wait to hear who gets one here first! :hyper:

2 things - anyone know where Unknown Caller was recorded?

TUF sounds completely fantastic. Adam's playing in particular is so sly and slinky.

:grumpy: Darnit, the one European show where Bad was played I wasn't at.

Almost the same for me (didn't see the show in Cardiff either). Nor Bad at any US shows I saw. All the other performances I did see this tour.
My 'score' for U22 is still 2 (3 when including Unknown Caller).

So I wasn't originally happy with the inclusion of Elevation, but this version just kicks ass. I've come to accept it, because I don't think it's leaving the sets anytime soon.

So I wasn't originally happy with the inclusion of Elevation, but this version just kicks ass. I've come to accept it, because I don't think it's leaving the sets anytime soon.

The sad thing is that it is a pre-recorded voice of Bono in the version :( You can hear it clear at 2:00-2:06.

The falsetto "woo-hoo"'s in Elevation have *always* been prerecorded, on some recordings it's less obvious if Bono sings along with it exactly in time, but they've always been there, since 2000.

tommycharles said:
The falsetto "woo-hoo"'s in Elevation have *always* been prerecorded, on some recordings it's less obvious if Bono sings along with it exactly in time, but they've always been there, since 2000.

Yeah ive noticed this at some shows.sometimes them seem pre recorded and sometimes its bono.

I'm thinking that it's Edge singing. However, the intro with Bono singing with the crowd is pasted in. Watch any YouTube video of Elevation from that show. It's NOT there.

It's still neat, though.

Back
Top Bottom