U22 ♫ Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, god damn it. That's disappointing.

Edit: But then how did Unknown Caller show up as a download? Was that just a one-off surprise?

this is exciting! we get 8 tracks from the CD on May 30th! wow! i wonder if we'll get 8 more at the end of the summer while we're still waiting for the cd's!

From the last thread. This seems to be the order that the songs ended up. I wonder what the criteria to choose the extra tracks was. Doesn't seem it was in order of the voting since Unknown Caller was way down on this list.

Bad
Where The Streets Have No Name
Magnificent
One
Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
Even Better Than The Real Thing
With Or Without You
Beautiful Day
The Unforgettable Fire
City Of Blinding Lights
Moment of Surrender
All I Want Is You/Love Rescue Me
I Still Haven’t Found What I’m looking For
Until The End Of The World
One Tree Hill
Walk On
The Fly
Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
Elevation
Zooropa
Out Of Control
Mysterious Ways
===========================================
No Line on the Horizon
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix)
Vertigo
I Will Follow
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Pride (In the Name of Love)
New Year’s Day
Breathe
Electrical Storm
Miss Sarajevo
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Unknown Caller
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
In A Little While
Get On Your Boots
Mothers Of The Disappeared
Desire
Spanish Eyes
Return Of The Stingray Guitar
Your Blue Room
Party Girl
Angel Of Harlem
Scarlet

I still have my list of picks. It was nice to see that a song so far down the vote got picked as a bonus track.

It still hurts me to see No Line just outside and M Ways just inside. M Ways 360 was such an average take on the song. :doh:

U2.com has released the tracklist:

DISC ONE

1. EVEN BETTER THAN THE REAL THING
Recorded at Estadio Azteca, Mexico City, 15th November 2011

2. THE FLY

3. MYSTERIOUS WAYS

4. MAGNIFICENT

5. UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD

6. I STILL HAVEN'T FOUND WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR

7. STAY (FARAWAY, SO CLOSE!)

8. ONE TREE HILL

9. BEAUTIFUL DAY

10. ELEVATION

11. BAD

DISC TWO

12. ALL I WANT IS YOU/LOVE RESCUE ME

13. THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE

14. ZOOROPA

15. CITY OF BLINDING LIGHTS

16. MLK/WALK ON

17. ONE

18. WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME

19. ULTRA VIOLET (LIGHT MY WAY)

20. WITH OR WITHOUT YOU

21. MOMENT OF SURRENDER

22. OUT OF CONTROL

Not too bad...

I've gotta say, despite my earlier disappointment over the 8 "bonus tracks" thing, I'm really looking forward to this. A nice little souvenir of an awesome couple of years of traveling, friends and shows. :up:

It still hurts me to see No Line just outside and M Ways just inside. M Ways 360 was such an average take on the song. :doh:

I didn't mind the 360 take of MW too much, but I wouldn't have minded the two being switched either. There's enough bootlegs and DVD rips of the Rose Bowl show to make up for the more popular of these songs, haha.

With that being said, it's a pretty solid set over all though. The only tracks I would've added would've been some rarer ones for the reasons stated above (Electrical Storm, Your Blue Room, etc.).

DISC ONE

Recorded at Estadio Azteca, Mexico City, 15th November 2011

2. THE FLY

3. MYSTERIOUS WAYS

4. MAGNIFICENT

8. ONE TREE HILL

9. BEAUTIFUL DAY

10. ELEVATION

11. BAD

DISC TWO

14. ZOOROPA

16. MLK/WALK ON

17. ONE

20. WITH OR WITHOUT YOU

21. MOMENT OF SURRENDER

22. OUT OF CONTROL

Not too bad...

I could complain that I'd rather see some different songs, but the song order is solid.

I had a go at some iTunes cover art based on what's posted on U2.com and Twitter.

u22coverhuge.png

Is that cover art for CD, MD, DVDA, Gold CD, DAT, 5.1 Music Disc, SACD, Hi-MD, or BD-Audio?

Does anyone know if the 8 tracks for download on May 30th going to be bonus ones or 8 that are already on the cd?
U2.com states that "8 TRACKS FROM THE 22 ON THE CD" will be available for download.

salty72 said:
Does anyone know if the 8 tracks for download on May 30th going to be bonus ones or 8 that are already on the cd?
U2.com states that "8 TRACKS FROM THE 22 ON THE CD" will be available for download.
:facepalm:

Read the sentence that you just put in quotes.

DISC ONE

2. THE FLY
3. MYSTERIOUS WAYS
4. MAGNIFICENT
8. ONE TREE HILL
9. BEAUTIFUL DAY
10. ELEVATION
11. BAD

DISC TWO

14. ZOOROPA
16. MLK/WALK ON
17. ONE
20. WITH OR WITHOUT YOU
21. MOMENT OF SURRENDER
22. OUT OF CONTROL

Not too bad...

The tracklist is quite nice. It looks like it flows like a 360 show. What's also nice is that it looks like they tagged MLK onto Walk On, effectively giving us another song. With MLK and Love Rescue Me, it's more like U24.

Globo14 said:
TUF > Zooropa > COBL

Nice.

That sounds heavenly. I wish it had happened in real life.

This isn't perfect, but it may be the best gift they've ever done. It almost makes me wish that I hasn't cancelled my U2.com membership. Almost.

:facepalm:

Read the sentence that you just put in quotes.

I know what I read.
The email I originally received from U2.com made it sound like we were going to be able to download 8 bonus tracks on May30th. Now it sounds like we are getting 8 tracks that will be on the cd.

Have a look at the last page of this thread. Your question has been answered just a few posts above. So why ask it then again?

salty72 said:
I know what I read.
The email I originally received from U2.com made it sound like we were going to be able to download 8 bonus tracks on May30th. Now it sounds like we are getting 8 tracks that will be on the cd.

Oh, OK. Yeah, I'm expecting the 8 mystery tracks to be from the CD. Of course, I'd be pleasantly surprised if they're not.

I'm actually surprised they gave us "Unknown Caller" as a bonus download. My "guess" is that will be the extent of the non-album downloads.

They should release the other songs that were voted on that did not make the CD as downloads, or at least make them available for purchase separately as downloads. Wont happen, but would have been a great idea.

It would appear that everyday there is a new audio/video clip from U2 in the order of the songs as they appear on U22.

1. Even Better - Mexico 3rd night
2. The Fly - East Lansing
3. Mysterious Ways - Cape Town

Tomorrow will be Magnificent?

Back
Top Bottom