U2 were booed off the stage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

midnightlemon

The Fly
Could you imagine that? Well apparently its happened before (a long time ago, of course).

I met an Irish couple who saw U2 "live" in Ireland and apparently they were booed off the stage. I have no idea exactly where or when this was, but all they remembered was that it was during the pre-Boy era.

Could you imagine that? Well apparently its happened before (a long time ago, of course).

I met an Irish couple who saw U2 "live" in Ireland and apparently they were booed off the stage. I have no idea exactly where or when this was, but all they remembered was that it was during the pre-Boy era.

Happened more than a few times. They'd have the Virgin Prunes open for them, that would really piss off the audience. Then "The Hype" would go out there and trainwreck The Fool, which would get them booed off stage.

20111528.jpg

Technically speaking, can a band really be "booed off the stage"? No matter how many boos there are, one can still firmly stand one's ground and play incompetently. A 'boo' is not a physical form like, say, a tsunami.

Now if they'd been tsunamied off stage, BVS might consider that thread worthy...

During PopMart in Argentina, half the audience booed during Mothers of the Disappeared while the other half cheered. It had to do with the political views on which the song was written, and the fact that that the "mothers" were on stage with the band.

What always annoyes me is when I'm watching a Springsteen DVD or something, and the croud chant "Booooooooooouuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrce" All my friends, my mother (who's kinda pretty good Springsteen Fan) always ask "Why are they booing him"

:doh:

There was a guy that used to play for the Cubs named Moises Alou and every time people cheered for him I always felt kind of bad, cause you have to be down there wondering if maybe, just maybe they crowd weren't secretly boo-ing him.

What always annoyes me is when I'm watching a Springsteen DVD or something, and the croud chant "Booooooooooouuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrce" All my friends, my mother (who's kinda pretty good Springsteen Fan) always ask "Why are they booing him"

:doh:

Nah, he was probably just playing Working On A Dream.

I have a running theory that the crowd who booed Bono didn't know how to pronounce his name. Boooooonooo > Bone oh, I say. Plus, it helps me sleep at night.

They got booed back ONTO the stage for playing Macarena during Popmart at Barcelona.

Bono sang "We fucked it up in Sunny Spain" at the start of Miami.

The Dalton Brothers were booed.

What else could U2 have expected the crowd to do? They hadn't written Miami yet.

Why all the Miami hate...Now The Fool,that's a totally different story.

I'd like to see them get booed off stage today,that's not gonna happen,or at least I would hope not.

you'd like to see them get booed off the stage .... but you would hope it wouldn't happen?

Say whaaaa?

Its true I did save the band a lot of heart ache through out the 2005/06 Tour. When they tired of being booed of stage after playing '40' (I Know right? I've no fucking idea either)

Miami and myself a pretty underrated, and he's a good bloke. Rumors around that we both are looking to return to the U2 setlist.But its all a matter of clearing up enough space in the setlist.

I'm meeting with the second encore next week. fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom