U2 Wedding Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm searching for a song for my wedding, next month. We dont want a "too-oversentimal" song, just something happy. I cant use Beautiful day because it's been used last year for my friend's wedding (and she ISN'T a U2 fan!!! :angry: )
I'm thinking about "Everlasting love", that song always makes me happy!
A friend of mine suggested "When love comes to town"...what do u think?

I know I've mentioned it a few times before, but at our wedding we used Pachelbel meets U2 by Jon Schmidt for our actual wedding. There's a split in the song that made it perfect for the two parties to enter to the first half and the bride to enter on the second. It was really nice. Oh and we used one of the U2 played on strings albums for the pre-wedding music. I had a friend who always made fun of my U2 fandom who came up to me after the wedding and he goes, "So, I'm sitting here and there's this pretty string music and I think to myself, this sounds like a U2 song, then the next one comes on and I think...so does this...then it dawns on me, you were playing an album of U2 WEREN'T YOU" It was amusing.

For the reception, our first dance wasn't to a U2 song, but I know that during the dinner portion, when we played a lot of 80s music, Promenade was in there, and at another point throughout the night, I believe we had Slow Dancing.

Babyface, is this a song for the walk down the aisle, a sentimental first dance or a party tune?

This is a song for the moment when me and my husband arrive at the party while all the guests are already seated, before having lunch. So I dont want a too sentimental song, just something joyful (but not too much "rock")

This is a song for the moment when me and my husband arrive at the party while all the guests are already seated, before having lunch. So I dont want a too sentimental song, just something joyful (but not too much "rock")

I have a perfect song for you. I actually used it as the 'entrance song' to the reception (ie the bride and groom arriving while everyone is seated waiting) for a good friend's wedding that I dj'd.

Everlasting Love (as covered by U2)

It was a smash. Great joyful vibe, and they got to dance silly as they paraded into the room. Really cool :up:

I have a perfect song for you. I actually used it as the 'entrance song' to the reception (ie the bride and groom arriving while everyone is seated waiting) for a good friend's wedding that I dj'd.

Everlasting Love (as covered by U2)

It was a smash. Great joyful vibe, and they got to dance silly as they paraded into the room. Really cool :up:

I was thinking about Everlasting Love too! I like Mercy too....

The First Time was in my pre wedding/people taking their seats walking into the venue play list...

Beautiful Day was the song played after the whole I now pronounce you man and wife thing

Trip Through Your Wires and I've Got You Under My Skin made the cocktail hour playlist.

And out first dance was All I Want Is You... played live by U2 tribute band Unforgettable Fire

/u2nerd

Thats awesome Shannon! Great that she's a big enough fan/sport to have all that U2-ey goodness!

I did a wedding once where the bride surprised the groom with the wedding song, a karaoke version of All I Want Is You..so I mixed Bono's vocals first verse, then hid in the wings and took over for the second verse, entering the room. He was absolutely floored and blown away.

Another time we did a full band wedding at Versace Mansion in SoBeach...and guess what One, WOWY, even SBS went off like fireworks! Mind you, they were huge U2 nuts and so were all their friends, so I don't think they gave a second thought to the "true meanings" of the songs. :wink:

Yea she didn't go full U2 nerd on me but she allowed me some haha... They played all I want is you, desire and mysterious ways right at the start of the reception... then came back to do with or without you and streets. It was awesome.

I mean they were obviously all invited guests regardless... but that they played was all the better.

And technically speaking our first date was at a UF show

Yea she didn't go full U2 nerd on me but she allowed me some haha... They played all I want is you, desire and mysterious ways right at the start of the reception... then came back to do with or without you and streets. It was awesome.

I mean they were obviously all invited guests regardless... but that they played was all the better.

And technically speaking our first date was at a UF show

That sounds like a ton of fun. My first U2 memory was Angel Of Harlem at a wedding reception. I have no idea how it got in the mix since the bride was an AC/DC girl who screeched like a banshee when they played Highway to Hell instead of TNT, but it was great.

I'm not sure if I've ever heard a U2 song at a wedding other than my own, but that's enough- a Hawaiian guitarist sang All I Want Is You to us as we got married on a Maui beach at sunset. Wish we had it on video.

Everlasting Love is a good choice (as is Unchained Melody for that matter), it was one of the first things I thought of as well, but having to choose a cover is a reminder of just how few traditional romantic "love" songs U2 has. Right now I'm having a hard time thinking of much beyond All I Want Is You (this seems self-evident since I'd say at 95% of the weddings featuring a U2 song as the bridge & grooms song, AIWIY is the probably the choice 95% of the time...what else is there?). I know it's reviled around here, but I think Love Rescue Me is beautiful. There are others, of course, but they range from the trite to the bitter to the obsessive to the ironic (and you could actually say AIWIY has a little bit of at least one of those), and not terribly appropriate for most weddings. Love songs have just never really been U2's thing.

Having said that, from the groom's POV, perhaps Moment of Surrender is most appropriate. :lol:

I was married 19 years ago to the day so alot of the songs discussed were not even written..... but I did have some U2 songs played during cocktail hour and during dinner.

Promenade
AIWIY
ASOH
OTH

So I've been thinking about this for some time. I don't have a wedding coming up any time soon, but it's fun to think about.

I want my reception entrance to be like a rock star entrance. Just like U2 enter stage at one of their shows. I'm thinking Sgt. Peppers by the Beatles leading into "Soon" and all the lights go off during the latter song. And then we make our entrance.

What does everyone think of this idea?

I think Bono needs to stop planning so much
when historically the best laid plans of mice and men take too long all that is left is moldy cheese

Hope you notice I always capitalize the B because that is the only respect I'm giving u

I never thought that being compared to Bono could be so insulting.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using U2 Interference mobile app

Back
Top Bottom