U2 vs "reunion" Guns n Roses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's the difference when they take an intermission as it stands now.

Because Axl is constantly getting oxygen every 10-15 minutes. This is why Slash is such an essential part of why they can perform so long.

The whole GNR having a "backing band" as an excuse to go 3 1/2 hours is dumb. U2 has had a musician underneath the stage since '92, they just don't have the songs that can be extended out by solos.

Imagine the Edge playing a 5 minute solo on SBS. Just wouldnt make sense...

I'd like to know which 4 hour Springsteen shows people went to where the last hour dragged...

The 4 hour show I attended at MetLife, the last hour was...

Badlands
Backstreets
Born To Run
Dancing In The Dark
Rosalita
Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
Shout
Thunder Road
Jersey Girl

That's not exactly a drag.

I'd like to know which 4 hour Springsteen shows people went to where the last hour dragged...

The 4 hour show I attended at MetLife, the last hour was...

Badlands
Backstreets
Born To Run
Dancing In The Dark
Rosalita
Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
Shout
Thunder Road
Jersey Girl

That's not exactly a drag.

Not a drag at all.

Cannot compare U2 to Bruce.

U2 has an arc in their setlist- DOWN TO A SCIENCE. Every song flows nicely into one another for good reason. That is the reason why their live shows are so great. (Bullet->Running->Streets, Bullet->Please->Streets, Stay->Bad->Streets).

I will take 2 hours of U2's shows than 4 hours of just them putting random songs together.

Bruce, like GNR, don't have much of an "arc" in their setlist. They can keep adding songs to their setlist without worrying much about the flow/tempo of their concerts.

"The longest shows are the best" is a myth, like "all the best shows happen in small venues".

Back
Top Bottom