U2: Virtual Road to launch on YouTube Wednesday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
U2 have announced that they will post some of their concerts online for first time ever as part of a new virtual series.

READ MORE: U2’s Top 10 best albums – ranked
U2: The Virtual Road will see the band team up with YouTube to broadcast a series of four gigs – Slane Castle (2001), Red Rocks (1983), Mexico City (1997) and Paris (2015) – exclusively on their own channel.

The series marks the first time that three of these concerts – Slane, Red Rocks and Mexico City – have been made available digitally.

Kicking off on St. Patrick’s Day (March 17), the first concert to be streamed will be U2 Go Home: Live From Slane Castle. The gig celebrates the band’s return to the legendary Irish concert site on September 1, 2001 for their first performance on the banks of the River Boyne in over 20 years. Dermot Kennedy will open the show with an exclusive solo performance recorded earlier this month outside Los Angeles.

Next up, U2: Live At Red Rocks will follow on March 25. Recorded on June 5, 1983 at Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Colorado as part of the band’s War Tour, the career-defining show helped establish U2’s reputation as one of the world’s best live acts. Fontaines D.C. will open the show with a performance recorded in their hometown last year.

On April 1, U2’s Mexico City performance at Foro Sol Stadium from their PopMart Tour in 1997 will be broadcast as Popmart: Live From Mexico City. It will be preceded by a special one-off performance by Carla Morrison.

Finally, iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE: Live in Paris will be aired on April 10. U2 returned to the French capital less than a month after the November 13, 2015 terrorist attacks on the city for two rescheduled shows. It includes an emotional performance of Patti Smith’s ‘People Have The Power’. French band Feu! Chatterton will be on support duties.

“Every show is memorable for us but these four particularly so… It’s exciting to be on the road again… Embracing all the wonder of the virtual road,” the band said in a statement. “And especially exciting to be joined by such a brilliant line-up of fellow travellers in Dermot Kennedy, Fontaines D.C., Carla Morrison and Feu! Chatterton.”

https://youtu.be/kH8-ULnn1uo

[emoji1786]

It’s something. I’ve been enjoying the remaster video releases. Achtung Baby is coming up.. So at least their social media has been active.

Great trailer! Love the UABRS-segment. But, again, a disappointment: limited access for 48 hours. Would make sense to put them on u2.com forever to share it with fanclub-members.
Hope the shows get ripped in HD, so I can put the shows on bluray/dvd/harddrive, so I can watch it any time I want in the best possible quality.

Would be nice for us they'd release something new and unseen material.

tim-cook-bono-u2.0.1511980595.0.jpg

How in the world did Bono age 20 years in 6 years???

It’s a question so many asked the last four years: how could a guy with all that money continue to have such terrible hair?

I also got the impression from the trailer/title that there'd be some sort of cool VR element to it, guess I'm wrong? Also, these shows are all already readily available.

Doesn't seem like any of the big music news outlets have posted anything about this series, what the hell is Guy Oseary being paid for?

Possibly 2 nostalgia stadium tours within a 5 year span...

I actually watched the Slane castle concert last week for some reason, and i couldn't believe it was 20 years old, and I had remembered thinking during the Elevation tour that Bono was getting old. Now I feel really really old.

Looks like they released 4 songs from the Slane show on streaming services. The Slane “EP” is BD, Stuck, AIWIY and Streets.

Back
Top Bottom