U2: Virtual Road to launch on YouTube Wednesday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How in the world did Bono age 20 years in 6 years???
7lkJ.gif

Imagine U2 releasing official videos from the Unforgettable Fire Tour, early ZooTV, early Popmart, and the last leg of 360.

Imagine U2 releasing official videos from the Unforgettable Fire Tour, early ZooTV, early Popmart, and the last leg of 360.

They are champion in selling the same stuff again and again. Very lame releases.

I mean... they're free and remastered.

Can't please anyone, sheesh

I'll be the first to download an audio rip of these of course. But just would love it if the band had it in them to say "Hey, it's been a long year. Let's see if we can find a good show to treat our diehards with".

it's great that these shows are now going to be available online, for free, officially and in remastered high quality.

it's also kinda lame that this is being marketed as some sort of special event, considering it's a rerelease of stuff we've all seen many times before.

though i doubt a bunch of old people on a mostly-dead U2 message board is the target audience for this anyways.

Last edited:

I'll be the first to download an audio rip of these of course. But just would love it if the band had it in them to say "Hey, it's been a long year. Let's see if we can find a good show to treat our diehards with".

Agreed.

it's great that these shows are now going to be available online, for free, officially and in remastered high quality.

it's also kinda lame that this is being marketed as some sort of special event, considering it's a rerelease of stuff we've all seen many times before.

though i doubt a bunch of old people on a mostly-dead U2 message board is the target audience for this anyways.

They put out a few social posts and a press release.

That... that's not a huge marketing push. Like, at all.

do other bands issue press releases and get "opening acts" when they put old previously-released concerts on youtube?

i guess pink floyd sorta did something similar when they uploaded PULSE, but that was done to launch the series of weekly uploads, and most of those uploads are rarities or performances that were never released on home media.

Last edited:
I mean... they're free and remastered.

Can't please anyone, sheesh

Yes, that's great, but it's for only 48 hours..... Would 've been nice to get it on U2.com for free forever. I would even pay for a blu-ray of the concert series. Nice for my collection. Is not too much to ask I think.

i didn't really get a chance to watch yesterday - other than a brief moment on my phone without my speakers attached.

did anyone who did notice a difference in the audio quality? it looked great, that's for sure.

also anyone grab a rip? or are these things that interference doesn't care about anymore?

I wish they’d release the audio from these shows onto Spotify, Apple Music, etc.

Kazaa.. that’s a blast from the past. An old internet friend I was talking to the other day dropped ICQ in convo. Remember that messaging service?

I think it’s still around.

do other bands issue press releases and get "opening acts" when they put old previously-released concerts on youtube?

Radiohead put out a press release when they uploaded shows last year. Why wouldn't a band put out a press release and let as many as possible know that there will be live shows on youtube?

I think it's cool that they're adding opening acts to these things. Makes it more like a real show.

They're not officially on YouTube, although you can find all of them. These appear to be in a higher quality than most of what's out there though, which is nice.
I was fairly happy to read this because it means a 4K or, at least, Blu Ray release is around the corner, which I'll happily buy for $40 each. I really hope they don't try to resell the albums for us to be able to get it, but I doubt they'll do that.

Mastered unreleased stuff from the late '80s and '90s would be amazing, though.

I'm not sure limited online streams of concerts that have been readily available for years is that big news, to be honest.

Yeah, I was about to get excited when I saw the headline and first sentence... and then it's just shows I've owned for almost 20 years now and could watch literally any time I wanted to.

Now this would've delivered on that brief surge of "ooh this could be cool" I felt on seeing the headline. They're not exactly short on filmed shows either.

And I'd have absolutely lost my mind if it was finally the Lovetown doco. The director himself would be pleased to see it get a proper release of any kind!

Back
Top Bottom