U2: Virtual Road to launch on YouTube Wednesday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the early 90s I’d always see a U2 interview CD in the U2 section called “Bono Talks In Philadelphia”... it sat there for over a year. I guess even back then no one wanted to listen to Bono “talk”.

On a bit of a different note, I wonder (or does anyone know) the reason why there are so many concert films not available digitally. I originally thought it was just a U2 thing but then I looked on iTunes for a couple of Pearl Jam and Biffy Clyro concerts, and noticed they weren't on there either, and then looked up even more artists. Seems more like an industry thing than being just one band.

If there was a streaming service that had live concerts videos available then I’d subscribe to it. Surprised the record companies / artists haven’t done this.

Nugs is the best. I only wish they'd make their app compatible with android auto.

They’re great. I wish they’d pursue expanding their catalog a bit from bands who have historically released a bunch of shows, just not on Nugs - two that come to mind are

- Crowded House recorded all their shows in 2007 and 2010 and released most of them through Kufala, I’d love to see these out there, the guy who ran Kufala sadly passed away years ago and I’m sure the site will go offline eventually.

- The Who recorded everything from ‘02-‘07 and released through Encore, and everything in 2015 they put out through their own site, the ‘15 shows are completely gone as far as I know, and Encore has been winding up their business for a couple of years now.

On a bit of a different note, I wonder (or does anyone know) the reason why there are so many concert films not available digitally. I originally thought it was just a U2 thing but then I looked on iTunes for a couple of Pearl Jam and Biffy Clyro concerts, and noticed they weren't on there either, and then looked up even more artists. Seems more like an industry thing than being just one band.

so just following up on this as i was playing around on the app yesterday... Nugs not only has every Pearl Jam live recording ever release - so, like, every concert from 2000 on and a bunch from before then that have been released from the vault... but they also have a video section that contains every concert video they've ever put out. it's a bit of a pain to stream from the app to your TV, but if you log on to the website from a laptop (or even your phone) it works better.

the subscription is worth every penny if only for the Pearl Jam stuff alone.

edit: just checked - they have 8 concert videos and 486 live audio recordings on Nugs.

videos are...
--Let's Play Two, live from Wrigley Field
--Water On The Road, Eddie solo live in DC
--Immagine in Cornice
--Vote For Change
--Live At The Garden
--Live At The Shoebox
--Touring Band 2000
--Single Video Theory

Last edited:
Wrigley is a lot of fun, and Immagine in Cornice is one of my favorite concert films by anyone. So good.

so just following up on this as i was playing around on the app yesterday... Nugs not only has every Pearl Jam live recording ever release - so, like, every concert from 2000 on and a bunch from before then that have been released from the vault... but they also have a video section that contains every concert video they've ever put out. it's a bit of a pain to stream from the app to your TV, but if you log on to the website from a laptop (or even your phone) it works better.

the subscription is worth every penny if only for the Pearl Jam stuff alone.

edit: just checked - they have 8 concert videos and 486 live audio recordings on Nugs.

videos are...
--Let's Play Two, live from Wrigley Field
--Water On The Road, Eddie solo live in DC
--Immagine in Cornice
--Vote For Change
--Live At The Garden
--Live At The Shoebox
--Touring Band 2000
--Single Video Theory

Hopefully this site can take off because Pearl Jam is the only one of my top 5 all time favorite bands that are on there.

while we're on the subject of archiving live material - does anyone have the concerts that were included in the iTunes The Complete U2? Point Depot from Lovetown and i think the other one is from the paradise in boston?

i'm also searching for the paris show on the 25th anniversary of JT

Last edited:
Just watching Zoo TV on a big screen with decent speakers and they really did a great job on the new audio mix, its crystal clear.

They really were at the absolute peak of their powers on that tour.

Back
Top Bottom