U2: Virtual Road to launch on YouTube Wednesday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll do audio of Slane later. Anyone manage to capture Boston when they streamed it from U2.com? It is the only one I didn't get.

Once Paris airs I’ll do a post with all the best vid and audio I have of all the streamed shows. I am missing video for Boston and Sydney, and the audio for Boston is on the official release so I won’t post that either.

It is such a frustration that it isn’t just part of your website sub - given they are going to the expense and effort of up scaling their old videos, post the odd song from the concerts to YouTube and throw in a plug at the end “for full concert in 1080p, become a U2.com member and get unlimited access to ZooTV - our U2 streaming service. Here you’ll find all of our music videos, and access to full live shows in both audio and video formats.”

They could post old documentaries, and concerts they’ve recorded without going to the full expense of an official release. Might actually get some old fans to retain memberships.

I can understand maybe not keeping the full show video streams up in perpetuity on the site but they could at least try the Neil Young approach of *rotating* live show streams each week. They don’t need to be perfectly mastered or even complete; 4-6 song selections from shows that aren’t the existing official video releases would be cool. They’ve been stingy with live releases so can’t see full shows happening but I’m willing to be surprised.

Last edited:
Popmart setlists really changed over the course of the tour. The Mexico City setlist is quite different from what I saw on the 3rd show of the tour.

We got Do You Feel Loved, Miami and If God Will Send His Angels, but no New Years Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday, All I Want Is You or Desire.

I remember 16 year old me being really disappointed they didn't play NYD or SBS, but now think its kind of cool I got to see one of the few (5?) appearances of Do You Feel Loved before they dropped it.

I was at the end of that first leg in Boston (Foxboro). They had already dropped DYFL and Angels, but we did still get to see Miami, which was definitely the best performed song of the three. SBS hadn't been added yet but we got NYD and AIWIY. Instead of Desire we got "Edge Karaoke" for Suspicious Minds.

Literally the only change between our show and Foxboro 1 the night before was a different karaoke song, which must have sucked for those who saw both shows.

Enjoying the Popmart show right now. Awesome remaster. Picture looks so good Looks like Popmart in 2021

I miss this time as a U2 fan. Magical time

Just watching the downloaded rip and its absolutely brilliant audio and visual quality, a massive upgrade over the DVD.

Great as these rips are they are still some way short of blu ray. They are mp4 compressed down to around 2.5gb(1.3 for RR) when they would clock clock in at @25-35gb in blu ray. Still, i ain't complaining. And its only as good as your eyesight.

Great as these rips are they are still some way short of blu ray. They are mp4 compressed down to around 2.5gb(1.3 for RR) when they would clock clock in at @25-35gb in blu ray. Still, i ain't complaining. And its only as good as your eyesight.

A single layer blu ray disc can practically hold 22.5 GB of data. And that’s total - so a show plus extras isn’t going to exhaust that data.

While these are some way off, I’m not expecting an 80 minute concert to go close to 25, let alone 35

A single layer blu ray disc can practically hold 22.5 GB of data. And that’s total - so a show plus extras isn’t going to exhaust that data.

While these are some way off, I’m not expecting an 80 minute concert to go close to 25, let alone 35
Slane comes in at 100 mins and Mexico at 126. Bare in mind that its only a single stream of AAC audio as well that would surely be upgraded for a BR release. If only we had a U2 BR to compare it with.

Slane comes in at 100 mins and Mexico at 126. Bare in mind that its only a single stream of AAC audio as well that would surely be upgraded for a BR release. If only we had a U2 BR to compare it with.

360 & i+e were both released on Blu-ray

Sorry I couldn't post more about Popmart. I was watching it and posted via phone, w/ a few Whiskeys in me :)

The coolest thing was seeing the stage and light detail. You could see the textures of the stage and other little details. And you get a new appreciation of all the lights they used. They really washed out the stage. Songs like Bullet, Streets, Discotheque, UTEOW, and LNOE really look impressive.

I couldn't tell on the audio as I was just listening on a projector speaker but if its any better than the orignal thats an added bounus.

If the 3rd leg production/execution would have been there during the 1st leg U2 would have been praised by the critics. It took them some time but Popmart was executed to perfection.

Hello, long time lurker, but massive fan of U2 and Interference! I managed to get Slane 1080p. dan_smee - I will PM you

Have remembered to grab almost all of these, but after watching and enjoying PopMart when it was on YouTube, I forgot to rip it. Hoping the video turns up somewhere sooner or later.

I do have that… I wonder how to make it available in a way that won’t bring all the curses of the scary U2.com warning down on my head.

Back
Top Bottom