U2: Virtual Road to launch on YouTube Wednesday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was fairly happy to read this because it means a 4K or, at least, Blu Ray release is around the corner, which I'll happily buy for $40 each. I really hope they don't try to resell the albums for us to be able to get it, but I doubt they'll do that.

Mastered unreleased stuff from the late '80s and '90s would be amazing, though.

I hope a blu ray release is on the corner too, but I'm afraid it will not happen. Universal will not spend money on that media I think. Streaming is their strategy. Making more money with less. With that in mind I'll guess we'll never see a blu ray with the TJT 2017 tourfilm, which means less quality in sound and video, And nothing to collect. They could do multireleases (vinyl/cd/bluray/download/stream etc) but they won't do that. Money and not the fans are the goal, as ever with this record company. I'd wish the band was signed to a smaller company.
Marillion are doing great things. They release almost everything in all varieties in the best quality.

Last edited:
I was fairly happy to read this because it means a 4K or, at least, Blu Ray release is around the corner, which I'll happily buy for $40 each.

$40 for a blu-ray? Not a chance.
Considering the likely deep bench of filmed and recorded releases, they *should* be doing something like Neil Young’s archival releases where he offers a cd, vinyl, blu ray, digital and combo box for specific shows from certain eras. He puts up the video for a few days streaming from his website (paid members only) and then it’s off the schedule for awhile. Everything is pre-order so they’re probably only producing enough to meet demand and then whatever they imagine the market will support.

But, you know, Neil is actually involved in his website and choosing what to release so there’s that.

As a 80s kid, 1983-1989 felt like 20 years. That’s just six years. I don’t know why as an adult 20 years feels like a blink of an eye. There has to be some scientific explanation.

As a 80s kid, 1983-1989 felt like 20 years. That’s just six years. I don’t know why as an adult 20 years feels like a blink of an eye. There has to be some scientific explanation.

Back then it was a much larger percentage of our lives. When you’re 16 waiting four years for an album that’s a quarter of your life. Now it’s less than 10 percent.

the whole video is interesting but skip to 4:10-6:00 for the bit that's relevant to this post.

Shame it’s been difficult to get a video capture of these shows. Only format I’ve been able to grab is no better than the DVD’s because of the copy protection on them.

Shame it’s been difficult to get a video capture of these shows. Only format I’ve been able to grab is no better than the DVD’s because of the copy protection on them.
Did you manage to copy the link for the Slane show mate.

Did you manage to copy the link for the Slane show mate.

I didn’t think it worked before, but I grabbed both. Unfortunately it’s only in about 360p. I only got audio of red rocks. I’ll upload all to mega tomorrow in case anyone actually wants them. They are no better than DVD quality.

The audio is 320kbps

I didn’t think it worked before, but I grabbed both. Unfortunately it’s only in about 360p. I only got audio of red rocks. I’ll upload all to mega tomorrow in case anyone actually wants them. They are no better than DVD quality.

The audio is 320kbps
Have you got the actual URL for the Slane show. It may be still recordable.

Loved watching the show for the first time in a long time. It was just as magical as it was 38 years ago today and like the pre-shows they are doing as well.

On a side note - I can't believe I never had a capture of the audio form this show. Not from VHS days, not from DVD days. Huh. Well I do now. Such a great show.

It’s probably an illusion, but - this seems like it looks and sounds better than the DVD from ‘07 or so.

https://youtu.be/jnvDbzSsYNo

Back
Top Bottom