U2 to RETIRE?! According to Larry..a strong possibility + Bono Fears U2 Will Split

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sad demise

This is how you sell tickets in soft u.s. market outside major cities, beginning of the end for the self proclaimed "biggest band in the world" title.

This is how you sell tickets in soft u.s. market outside major cities, beginning of the end for the self proclaimed "biggest band in the world" title.

You hate that they said it and did it, don't you? Losing hurts. You're lucky they're getting old because old men are the only ones you're going to have the strength to tear down.

He said: "We want to play for each other as much as we want to play for the crowd this time. You just don't know how long you are going to be doing this. When we walk out on stage, the hairs on people's necks go up - but what people don't know is that the hairs on our necks go up too."

this is exactly what he said on the culture show a while back. the reporter has taken random quotes and twisted them. I call bullshit.

I enjoy reading over old threads on April Fools' Day. This one in particular makes a whole lot of sense in this context.

Anybody else think it's a bit of a marketing ploy to ensure high demand of concert tickets? Larry's quite a shrewd guy for a businessman. He gives very limited autographs in public events. There are quite a few of us waiting outside the Letterman show who are blessed with getting Adam's, Bono's and Edge's sigs on our various albums, posters, scarves, etc. But only a handful managed to get Larry's to complete our collection. He politely said he's not signing after the first night. And now, all he had to do was get the word out like they are going to retire soon and that this will be their last tour. And people would pay just about anything to get their hands on a ticket on what could possibly be their last tour...

Maybe Larry just doesn't like you guys.

Well, they always said they wanted to call it quits when they were ontop, rather than just fade away...

This is how the u2 marketing machine guarantees concert ticket sales, bring up the old "our last tour trick", this is old kiss trick.

Wait... didn’t U2 sell out every single US show on the Vertigo tour? I believe the Elevation tour also sold out every show (with the exception of maybe one in San Diego). Then they put New York, Boston and Chicago on sale the other day...all of which SOLD OUT in record time (nearly 225k tickets) but you think they need to "market" their tour? Come on farmall.....this is U2 not Kiss (or anyother 70's band you might like :sexywink:).

Wait... didn’t U2 sell out every single US show on the Vertigo tour? I believe the Elevation tour also sold out every show (with the exception of maybe one in San Diego). Then they put New York, Boston and Chicago on sale the other day...all of which SOLD OUT in record time (nearly 225k tickets) but you think they need to "market" their tour? Come on farmall.....this is U2 not Kiss (or anyother 70's band you might like :sexywink:).

Those were also arena tours. There's a lot less seats in each individually and collectively. Let's not forget that the last stadium tour (POPMart), wasn't exactly a massive success, at least by U2 standards. It was a huge tour overall and most bands/artists could only dream of those kinds of numbers, but for U2 it was pretty disappointing.

Larry's right. Although it's already a rather forlorn hope for them to go while they're ahead. They've been pretty far 'behind' for a while now, and badly losing ground everyday as of NLOTH. What a load of shit.:angry::madspit::barf:

I've been persistantly disappointed in them...really reaching the very end of my VERY long, very patient, very long-suffering tether. :sad:

Larry's right. Although it's already a rather forlorn hope for them to go while they're ahead. They've been pretty far 'behind' for a while now, and badly losing ground everyday as of NLOTH. What a load of shit.:angry::madspit::barf:

I've been persistantly disappointed in them...really reaching the very end of my VERY long, very patient, very long-suffering tether. :sad:

k, bai then. :wave:

OMGOHNOES.gif

After U2 retire we (Interference) shall design a diabolical plan to preserve Bono, Edge, Adam and Larry in ice and release them far into the future. :mac:

Please suggest a better plan.

We will give them a shot which will contain a substance of which will keep them alive forever. Then each of us here at interference will take the shot. Then... well I don't know what happens next?!:scratch:

10 pages already into this thread... :crack: And I still see people running around screaming 'ohnoz!', would it be a sign? :hmm:

Nah :wink:

Back
Top Bottom