U2 to Perform First Concerts at MSG Sphere in Las Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Real estate agent said it would be helpful. Multiple bidders. Family parents died and lived there for 30 years. So it’s emotional for all.

They other real estate agent claimed the letter helped us.

I’d really like to see that penmanship, probably sealed the deal. Cursive clerks

I’d really like to see that penmanship, probably sealed the deal. Cursive clerks

I’m sorry i forget to add — I threatened to kill them all. And wrote it in their dead parents blood.

So the priority group for this is people who're subscribers before the Superb Owl announcement? Which is fine and they seem to have listened to criticism other artists have got about ticket pricing... and this method of presale is certainly less stressful... but... you know... is it alright to feel a tad bummed out they didn't chunk things up further? I'm not asking for a first priority group to be made up of Propaganda subscribers, but at the same time, I think I am :)

This method of presale actually reminds me of the Propaganda Zoo TV "presale" where you had to pick your shows and send off a cheque in the post to guarantee your tickets. Simpler times. And yet surely it must have been a ball ache for them to administer...

and this method of presale is certainly less stressful

Speaking as someone who suffered through the Taylor Swift ticketing shitstorm a few months ago on behalf of my daughter, Ticketmaster seems to have learned from that experience. Placing my ticket request was straightforward and simple. An existential fear of having one's monopoly broken up following an antitrust investigation will do that to you, I guess.

Of course, it is entirely within the realm of imagination that Ticketmaster screws all of this up in a spectacular cataclysm of greed, failed servers, righteous indignation, and fan-launched spittle come Thursday morn.

So the priority group for this is people who're subscribers before the Superb Owl announcement? Which is fine and they seem to have listened to criticism other artists have got about ticket pricing... and this method of presale is certainly less stressful... but... you know... is it alright to feel a tad bummed out they didn't chunk things up further? I'm not asking for a first priority group to be made up of Propaganda subscribers, but at the same time, I think I am :)

This method of presale actually reminds me of the Propaganda Zoo TV "presale" where you had to pick your shows and send off a cheque in the post to guarantee your tickets. Simpler times. And yet surely it must have been a ball ache for them to administer...

yea i mean it would have been nice for them to say "if you've kept your membership active for 10+ years you're in group 1, 0 to 9 years in group 2, anyone new from this date on is group 3"

but i'll take this. if it works, of course. if Wednesday comes and goes and i don't have tickets then U2.com can FOAD.

Speaking as someone who suffered through the Taylor Swift ticketing shitstorm a few months ago on behalf of my daughter, Ticketmaster seems to have learned from that experience. Placing my ticket request was straightforward and simple. An existential fear of having one's monopoly broken up following an antitrust investigation will do that to you, I guess.

Of course, it is entirely within the realm of imagination that Ticketmaster screws all of this up in a spectacular cataclysm of greed, failed servers, righteous indignation, and fan-launched spittle come Thursday morn.

This system is not new, Pearl Jam used it last year (and may have in 2020, I can't recall), so it could have been used for Swifty, but the artist did not choose to employ it.

yea i mean it would have been nice for them to say "if you've kept your membership active for 10+ years you're in group 1, 0 to 9 years in group 2, anyone new from this date on is group 3"

but i'll take this. if it works, of course. if Wednesday comes and goes and i don't have tickets then U2.com can FOAD.

Yeah, that's a much more sensible & realistic suggestion. Just would have been some sort of recognition for us longer suffering members I guess.

I wonder how fanclub many members there are at this point anyway.

I'm with you though, I'll be grabbing my pitchfork and fire stick and marching on their offices if I don't get anything in this presale. I'm already preparing for the worst and getting ready for on-sale day with the masses.

This system is not new, Pearl Jam used it last year (and may have in 2020, I can't recall), so it could have been used for Swifty, but the artist did not choose to employ it.

The artist also chose to put all tickets available for purchase during presale instead of just a percentage. Yet somehow ticketmaster got all the blame... :hmm::huh:

I wonder how fanclub many members there are at this point anyway.

Specifically…
A) Non-lapsed members as of SB Sunday B) who plan on traveling to Las Vegas
C) who can stomach the ticket costs

I do like that it’s one show per membership, regardless of 1-4 tickets.

[but they probably should’ve limited the GA to 2]

Last edited:
I do like that it’s one show per membership, regardless of 1-4 tickets.

Yes! Thank god they did that.

if you want to battle it out with everyone else to get tickets to all 12 shows so that you can get each member's ball sweat on your from 3 different angles? hey, go nuts (heh.. get it).

but holding this to 1 show per fan club member is the right move. give as many fans a chance as you can. then - once that's done - let them fight.

TLDR what do I have to do

if you have a U2.com membership - go here now https://u2.ticketmaster.com/.com

pick the dates you think you could attend, the price point you're interested in, and rank them in order.

then - wait till wednesday.

if you're not a member (or if you're afraid of being closed out on wednesday) - go to that same site and make sure you're registered for verified fan. and then wait for wednesday and see if they email you.

or you can be a bougie asshole and book a hotel package - which will charge you way way way more than you need to, but will guarantee you a ticket.

the choice is yours.

For those who have registered, I’m assuming you can pick multiple price levels for the same show in order of preference? For example, GA for show 1 as first choice and reserved P2 for show 1 as second choice?

U2 fans never cease to amaze me.

i should really stop trying to make any sort of logical conversation with people on the U2 Sphere facebook group.

Dude I saw that pop up and opted not to join. Thanks for letting me know I made the right decision.

But, y’know, *DISH*

U2 fans never cease to amaze me.

i should really stop trying to make any sort of logical conversation with people on the U2 Sphere facebook group.

It’s people. We dumb. In my town people are upset about chic fila coming. Not because of politics but because of traffic. It’s not an empty restaurant for 3 years.

For those who have registered, I’m assuming you can pick multiple price levels for the same show in order of preference? For example, GA for show 1 as first choice and reserved P2 for show 1 as second choice?

I didn’t see that. I have to check again. I did it so fast in a panic.

Looks like you can request multiple price levels to the same show but can’t prioritize between the price levels? They should fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom