U2 to perform at 2018 grammy awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So what happened?

Kendrick did a mashup of a few songs, the 2nd of which was XXX. Bono and Edge walked out and Bono sang the American Soul line in XXX and Edge complimented it with some gentile strumming. Edge was walking on the left and Bono was walking on the right with Kendrick kneeling in the middle of the stage and after Bono sang the ~15 seconds of the song he has, he kept walking off to the right and Edge kept walking off to the left and Kendrick then jumped up and started singing.

It was VERY short, maybe about a total of 15 seconds and they were gone.

So what happened?

Bono and Edge came out and did their short section of "XXX", and that's about it so far. Watching Kendrick Lamar's performance makes it painfully obvious to me that I officially "don't get it" anymore.

From a Grammy perspective, when U2 performed Walk On in 2006....it was one of the most epic performances I have ever watched (U2 or any other). The flip of that was the Get on your Boots performance in 2009, which wasn't horrible but was very forgettable and.....guy liner.

I hope GOOYOW is closer to Walk On than Boots.

Hopefully it shows up later. Either way, I'm not gonna watch through this shitshow to find out.

Bono and Edge came out and did their short section of "XXX", and that's about it so far. Watching Kendrick Lamar's performance makes it painfully obvious to me that I officially "don't get it" anymore.

I'm with you, I thought it (Kendrick) was a poor performance and didn't sound good at all(it was all over the place and nothing grabbed me). Lady Gaga was solid however and Sam Smith (not my cup of tea) sounds pretty good too.

There used to be a time when U2 would perform on national TV and I would be so excited because the world would get to see the band that I know is amazing live doing what they do best.

Now, I sit here waiting to cringe because Bono might not hit a note or Edge might sound flat or Bono does something cheesy (guy liner or pull out a bull horn).

I hope they shine like their old selves and hit a home run tonight vs turn in a performance like they did with Kygo at that Spanish awards show.

Here is to waiting......

Heh. That's spot on for me as well. [emoji106]

Okay, that was not nearly as much U2 as I was expecting. (We started watching it late here so we could fast-forward throigh some commercials.)

Holy shit what a performance.

It baffles me how some people on here don't like Kendrick. Tons of similarities to U2. The opera of it all, the cheekiness, the fire. Jesus Christ I still have chills.

They were just mentioned as coming up later, sounding like mid-show.

And they used their last Grammy performance when they said that, so alert for those on the West Coast with guyliner PTSD. ;D

DVRing this because 80% of the Grammys is filler. Looking forward to seeing Kendrick slay as always, and I hope U2 represents SOE well.

They were just mentioned as coming up later, sounding like mid-show.

And they used their last Grammy performance when they said that, so alert for those on the West Coast with guyliner PTSD. ;D

I’m in a bar where it’s on the TV with no volume, but seeing the GOYB clips is shocking — Bono has aged so much. He was looking good back then.

I’m in a bar where it’s on the TV with no volume, but seeing the GOYB clips is shocking — Bono has aged so much. He was looking good back then.

Crazy right. In 2009-2011, he looked great. It wasn’t until I saw a pick of him in 2014 next to an Irish journalist (he was at the mans house and it was a black and white photo...maybe it was Neil McCormick) that I was stunned at how old he looked. It was the first time that I thought “wow, he looks bad”(not because he looked old but just worn).

That's life, people age. Stress ages you beyond belief, it's done that to me in just a few recent years. Maybe he had stressful times even before his health scare.

Just a song or song plus political commentary? We shall see.... personally I’m hoping for just a song. Don’t give the haters ammunition tonight.

Back
Top Bottom