U2 to be taking a brake after North American shows? BBC report:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, they deserve a "brake." For the past 2 years or so, they've been making music, did 2 tour legs, been in the studio again, and now Bono's hurt his back. Then they have more touring to do soon, with a slight chance of new material being released between tours.
My boys can take all the time they want to relax and get their mojo flowing again. :wink: Just not TOO long, of course. :yes:

I really dont understand where people are getting "braking up" from taking a brake.

I dont really understand why so many 'e' keys are faulty on peoples keyboards

:lmao:

It seems obvious that they would take a brEak...there's always breaks between tours. Otherwise they would have been touring nonstop since 1980. Nothing unusual about that statement.

U2 invented the rock band break. They're the laziest band in the world.

I'd hate to see them trying to brave 9 to 5 jobs.

Touring is exhausting work, they always take a break in between tours, then they start working in the new album and the next tour idea, it takes them about 3, 4 years to start a new tour, now we know they have been working in 2 new albums, I suspect they wanted to put one out before the tour resume this year, but it wasn't ready, so there are more chances it doesn't take so long this time, but we have to consider that perhaps Bono's health will make it advisable not to tour for so long in the near future.
As for having to dream it all again, I don't think they have to think a bigger thing than 360, they can just return to "basic" stages, such as Elevation or Vertigo tours, they should know the spectacular stages are great fun, but at the end it is them four on it what is important.
Anyway, we should be prepared to face all kind of comments about long breaks, retirement and so on the press in the near future, after 30 years of career and Bono's surgery many would think about it as just logic and we know press don't always have a fact to tell the audience, so they speculate.

Touring is exhausting work, they always take a break in between tours.

Must be a killer staying in 5* hotels, eating at the best restaurants, having people do your menial tasks and flying in private jets for 4 months a year:drool:

yeah not to mention working those long 2-hour days! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom