U2 themed tattoos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's been almost four years since I got my last tat & I'm ready for another one now. I want one on the inside of my wrist (maybe matching/twin tats on each wrist!) but 1) I'm not sure what design I want yet & 2) I'm worried about how 'out in the open' wrist tattoos would be. :reject:

The work setting I'm in now is much more relaxed that my previous job but I still have a certain level of professionalism that I have to maintain and the thought of wearing body make up every workday is kind of daunting, you know? :( I mean, I could wear sweat bands all the time, but wouldn't that just be weird? :confused: :wink:

It's been almost four years since I got my last tat & I'm ready for another one now. I want one on the inside of my wrist (maybe matching/twin tats on each wrist!) but 1) I'm not sure what design I want yet & 2) I'm worried about how 'out in the open' wrist tattoos would be. :reject:

The work setting I'm in now is much more relaxed that my previous job but I still have a certain level of professionalism that I have to maintain and the thought of wearing body make up every workday is kind of daunting, you know? :( I mean, I could wear sweat bands all the time, but wouldn't that just be weird? :confused: :wink:

Hey, gee.. don't I know you?! :D:wave:

As far as how "out in the open" wrist tats can be, just depends on the sizing I guess. Well, you've seen mine, but would you have really noticed it if I hadn't shown you? Nobody ever really sees mine unless I pick up something with that hand or if I raise my arm or something. When I worked at Starbuck-A-Roos, I had a manager who never ever noticed it. :doh:

I LOVE mine on my wrist. It's somewhere that I can see it easily which I like. I have one behind my shoulder which is cool but I can never see it of course so I always wanted something I could see, LOL. I have no reason to cover mine but if I did a regular sized watch and maybe add a bracelet will do.

How big do you want the tat to be? There are watches out there with pretty wide bands that might be able to cover it up.
Not terribly large... I'm thinking a small band or maybe some script. And I've been looking at new watch bands, just for that reason :lol:! But if I go with matching tats on each wrist, I'll need a different solution.

Hey, gee.. don't I know you?! :D:wave:

As far as how "out in the open" wrist tats can be, just depends on the sizing I guess. Well, you've seen mine, but would you have really noticed it if I hadn't shown you? Nobody ever really sees mine unless I pick up something with that hand or if I raise my arm or something. When I worked at Starbuck-A-Roos, I had a manager who never ever noticed it. :doh:
:wave: It does seem like we've met somewhere before... ;) Actually, seeing your tat is what really got me to thinking about getting one on my wrist. It just looks so great - I can't wait to see it after you've added the scrollwork & all. :drool:

I LOVE mine on my wrist. It's somewhere that I can see it easily which I like. I have one behind my shoulder which is cool but I can never see it of course so I always wanted something I could see, LOL. I have no reason to cover mine but if I did a regular sized watch and maybe add a bracelet will do.
I have one on my left shoulder blade, also ( plus one on my right ankle), so I completely understand about never seeing the work you've had done. :yes:

My biggest concern is work. If I were an officer it wouldn't be much of an issue, but I'm admin staff & we're held to a more conservative dress code. I suppose that the easiest thing would be a wider watch band & a new cuff style bracelet. I wouldn't have to wear the cuff every day, unless I wanted to & that's not the type of thing that would attract too much attention. :hmm: OK - I've got my solution... now what's my design going to be??? :wink:

i have One Love One Life in a nice script on my left wrist and the heart in a suitcase on my right wrist, generally they are just covered by my shirt sleeves and are not right where the hand joins the arm, they are back up the arm a little bit. i am in that quasi corporate professional job too and they arent an issue, certainly easily covered by a suit jacket. cuff bracelets / watch also cover them well.

i`m more of a reader down here then a poster, but cool tats everyone.
i have about 12 and this is my first U2 related tat,
after 30 years of being a fan i decided it was time and finally knew what i wanted

IMG_1348.jpg

NICE :up:

hey guys, I'm new here.
Just thought I'd post a pic of my new tattoo that I got on my wrist today - I was debating between 'one love' and 'one life', and decided to go with the latter because it speaks to me more as a line. Anyway, here's the result! (sorry if it's a bit big!)

DSCF6740.jpg

:rockon:

Thanks :up: One isn't my favourite U2 song, but then I could hardly get 'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For' across my wrist - might take up a bit more room! :lol:

hey guys, I'm new here.
Just thought I'd post a pic of my new tattoo that I got on my wrist today - I was debating between 'one love' and 'one life', and decided to go with the latter because it speaks to me more as a line. Anyway, here's the result! (sorry if it's a bit big!)

DSCF6740.jpg

:rockon:

niicee :cute::up:

I just viewed the whole thread. Lots of amazing tattoos.

I'm thinking of getting a lyric one for my brother and myself. Still in the early stages, but I just love looking at the ideas.

*first post, I lurk a lot.

I've narrowed my choices down to 2 options in last week, although neither is "U2-themed". :reject: I'm looking at either an ambigram of "Eire" or a brief, 2-sentence phrase in Gaelic with a sentence on each wrist. Now all I have to do is some mock-ups to see which design I like best.

I'd love to see an ambigram of "U2" and "One", but 1) I don't know if it's possible, 2) I'm not talented enough to draw one if it were, & 3) I can't imagine that a tattoo artist would be willing to draw one up for me without my committing to getting the work done when they were finished. :slant:

I've narrowed my choices down to 2 options in last week, although neither is "U2-themed". :reject: I'm looking at either an ambigram of "Eire" or a brief, 2-sentence phrase in Gaelic with a sentence on each wrist. Now all I have to do is some mock-ups to see which design I like best.

I'd love to see an ambigram of "U2" and "One", but 1) I don't know if it's possible, 2) I'm not talented enough to draw one if it were, & 3) I can't imagine that a tattoo artist would be willing to draw one up for me without my committing to getting the work done when they were finished. :slant:

Try this site, just to at least mess around with ideas. It won't let you use numbers, but it's worth a look at. I did try it with "ONE" and it looked cool.

https://www.wowtattoos.com/wow/generator.php

Everyone's got great tattoos! I especially love the 'Love is bigger, is bigger than us' and the 'one life'! Thanks for sharing!

I really wanna get a tattoo in March, I'm having a really hard time, coming up with ideas, I want a U2-related tattoo but I need help with ideas, Boy is my favorite album, so something that refers to it.. I don't want "the boy" tattooed on me :lol:

I've been a member of this site and completely forgot considering i haven't had internet in....forever. lol. And I was searching through websites for ideas for my next tattoo and stumbled on this thread. Amazing work! I have three U2 tats and two of them I have pictures of. The first picture I got done a few weeks at the Florida 360 tour and the kite was done about a year and a half ago. The other is on my arm and its the suitcase but it has a U on the top of the suitcase and then a 2 on the bottom and around it it says "Love and Logic Keep Us Clear." I don't have a pic of it right off hand but I will try to post it. :)

1012092338.jpg

1113081700.jpg

1111091300.jpg

The last one is not really a U2 tattoo. I got it done for my family. But it says My Everlasting Love so i guess U2 just kinda...stalks me. It was a pure accident that I chose those lines. lol.

Back
Top Bottom