U2 themed tattoos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks!! That was the day after it was done, I think. If looks better to me now though!!:sexywink: My avatar gives it some justice... I think.

Did anyone get strange looks when they asked for their U2 themed tattoos?
I got looked at really strange when I got mine.

I have two (for now), I have U2 on my leg with a heart around it. This was a nice tattoo, till I was a moron and thought that putting anti-biotic stuff on it would make it heal better. Nope just bleed the color out. I still love it, but will have to get it touched up at somepoint.

My other one is lyrics from Acrobat right above the U2 tattoo.

I'm thinking of getting another one after the Chicago dates, not sure what I'd get though.

Ok sorry this was the best i could do :lol:

Left Ankle

tat2.jpg

Left wrist

P1000131-1.jpg

Got My First Tattoo On Friday (Zoobaby)

Got my first tattoo (ever) on Friday. Hurt a lot, but I'm glad I did it. Took me three years (I wanted it when I was 17, and I'm 20 now) to get the guts to do it, but I'm glad I did. :)

When I look down at it, it looks like I doodled on myself with a sharpie, and I love that. XD

Trying to explain to non-U2 fans why I have a lemon/baby in a space helmet on my left wrist is always kind of interesting, too. *laughs*

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

Awesome tattoo BritPopper...I want one so bad on my wrist...but I'm not sure what I should get.

Got my first tattoo (ever) on Friday. Hurt a lot, but I'm glad I did it. Took me three years (I wanted it when I was 17, and I'm 20 now) to get the guts to do it, but I'm glad I did. :)

When I look down at it, it looks like I doodled on myself with a sharpie, and I love that. XD

Trying to explain to non-U2 fans why I have a lemon/baby in a space helmet on my left wrist is always kind of interesting, too. *laughs*

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

That's pretty sweet! I thinking about getting that for my next tattoo. Have to decide where to put it, due to work I have to be able to cover them.

Lets see if I can get this to work, never tried to post an image here sooooooo.

6176_1119809434360_1200759665_30349136_3760414_n.jpg

Got that one ah geez, 2 or 3 years ago.

6176_1119814154478_1200759665_30349150_2030837_n.jpg

And that one about a year ago, I get strange looks when people see that one!

Awesome tattoo BritPopper...I want one so bad on my wrist...but I'm not sure what I should get.

Thanks! I really, really like it. It took me a long time to decide exactly what I wanted though, and where I wanted it. There's a lot of great ATYCLB symbols too, but for the most part, that album didn't hit me quite as hard as the AB and Zooropa era, so the lemon it was. :)

Fair warning though, this one was almost 100% line art, so it hurt like hell. But it was worth it. :)

Oh, and liz9640, nice tats! I like that you have a quote from 'Acrobat'.

Also, about placement... I have couple of friends who have wrist tattoos, and for the last few months I've kind of been looking to see how noticeable their tattoos on their wrists are when they walk around. For the most part, they're fairly subtle. And you can always wear a watch over it for meetings, etc.

But yeah, for work, especially retail, it's kind of hard. I work in an IT office as a web designer, so I kind of get away with it because people figure I'm weird and I'm an artist anyway. Haha.

But you should totally get it! Zoobaby, woot!

LOVE IT!! :applaud:

And OMG, the whole "doodle on myself with a sharpie thing"... that's what my mother said about mine!! lol!!

That's awesome. Best thing is NO ONE will know what it is haha :lol:
You'll have to do some explainin :wink:

*laughs* It's funny, trying to explain it to people so far has been pretty hard. XD First I have to explain that it's album artwork, and then also explain that it's a baby/lemon in a space helmet....and yeah.

There's really no easy way of explaining it. But it doesn't matter because U2 fans know what it means, and most importantly, I do. XD

*laughs* It's funny, trying to explain it to people so far has been pretty hard. XD First I have to explain that it's album artwork, and then also explain that it's a baby/lemon in a space helmet....and yeah.

There's really no easy way of explaining it. But it doesn't matter because U2 fans know what it means, and most importantly, I do. XD

I have had that sticker on the back of my car for a few years, and when I took a friend (non u2 fan) to see U23D and the lemon baby showed up on screen the friend turned to me and was like :ohmy::doh: "Now it all makes sense!"

I have had that sticker on the back of my car for a few years, and when I took a friend (non u2 fan) to see U23D and the lemon baby showed up on screen the friend turned to me and was like :ohmy::doh: "Now it all makes sense!"

*laughs* Nice, I'm kind of jealous of your sticker now. >_>

I tried taking a couple non-U2 fans to go see U23D, and they liked it a lot actually. I saw it at the Sundance premiere though (with the band there), so when I saw it in theaters later it was kind of anti-climatic. XD

britpopper that looks really good- nice and clear and the placement on your wrist is spot on . i still want to get that one somewhere!
have been in the mood for another tattoo for a while.... :hmm:

:lol: Yeah I guess it kind of would be!

And you can buy the sticker on Amazon ;)

On Amazon or Ebay , comet ? I've looked for it on Ebay and wasn't able to find it .

I found it , just bought one .
I live in New Mexico , so now people will think I'm part of those crazy Roswell alien believers .

Back
Top Bottom