U2 - their "second half of the game"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thavidesco

Refugee
As the members of the band claimed in 2000´s ATYCLB was like a new starting point for the band, like second half of the game has just started. I personally didn´t believe it back then. I wasn´t happy with the record, to me it was too polished for the radios, overproduced in a not so good poppy way, etc. I found especially Bono tired, musically not focused and struggling with his singing all the time. I thought it cannot last long fo the band.
But I was wrong. Since then, with every record they have improved. And the current record is wonderful! It´s been 14years since ATYCLB came out, now the tour and another album is planned, so it looks like they really kept their word and they are ready to finish their f*cking second half of the game :)

SOI is the continuation of the 2nd half started by a few songs on NLOTH

ATYCLB--->HTDAAB was the half time break.

They still have alot of music to make and put out..
I am surprised they have not put out more albums in the past. If you look and listen
to all the stuff they have recorded and never made a record with those songs, their
album catalogue would be about 60+ records right now, with each record having about 15
new songs on it. That is like 900 or more new songs!
What is keeping them from doing this , I do not know :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom