@U2 Survey Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was surprised to see so many cover songs and collaborations that I hadn't heard of before. Maybe I'm not as obsessed as I thought I was. :lol:

taking this survey made me realize that i'm definitely not a "super fan"......like did i travel to ireland because of my U2 collection? too bad there wasn't a write in response to some of these so i could kindly say "get a life".

Sooo, when you travel to Ireland to see U2 you suddenly have no life? :eyebrow:

I agree! I went to Dublin for the Vertigo tour, but while there I saw some of Dublin, was also in London and did some things in France! U2 was the inspiration for the trip, but not the only event. And even if they were the main and only event, there's still the entire city to explore and take in. Nothing wrong with that!

Exactly. I went there partly to see U2. After that I spent a week on holidays there. I loved the country, so I went back the next year for a holiday and I will be back this year too. So how exactly is that having no life, I don't get it... :scratch:

Or have learned to save for something you want.

Besides, it's not like Ireland is further away than most holiday destinations.

:wink: Glad I don't have that problem. Though I'm a poor student, I had some savings. I sure hope they won't tour anytime soon because I sure as hell can't afford it!

That survey was highly unfair. Picking one something out of the many that are there, really tough. And the one concert I'd love to go back in time and see many times over would definitely be the Zoo TV premier.

I chose Red Rocks. Funny because War is my least favorite album! But that show would have just been awesome to be at. :drool:

mikal said:
did i travel to ireland because of my U2 collection? too bad there wasn't a write in response to some of these so i could kindly say "get a life".

On a more serious note, it seems bizarre - and typically American-centric - to not have the following option: 'No, because I live there, and have done since birth.' We don't all hate Bono in the Emerald Isle.

On a more serious note, it seems bizarre - and typically American-centric - to not have the following option: 'No, because I live there, and have done since birth.' We don't all hate Bono in the Emerald Isle.

I thought one option was "I live in Ireland," or was that for a different question?

The last option was "No, I live in Ireland".

I thought one option was "I live in Ireland," or was that for a different question?

The last option was "No, I live in Ireland".

Well you've both set me straight - and rightly so. I must have missed that option. Apologies to @U2 - it did surprise me given their usual high standards.

:well-and-truly-put-back-in-his-box:
:reject:

i usually save up so my wife can go shopping without telling me. :angry:

I don't have that problem, but having a house (or houses) eats up a lot of $$. I did see U2 in Chicago and Boston the last tour (in '09) prior to buying a house in CA. After the CA house purchase, I only saw U2 in Oakland. Too poor for anything else (still am). So in a way, I am glad U2 are on a hiatus now. I can't afford travel. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom