U2 studios last Saturday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In Gods Country

Babyface
Hi Guys,

Sorry I think I posted this in the wrong section previously.

I was passing Hanover Quay studios last saturday and noticed 2 articulated trucks parked outside the U2 studios. I hung around for a bit and a group of guys started offloading U2's gear!!! It was all flight cases with 'U2' written on it. Some were even saying 'U2 drums'.. it was pretty cool. I even got a peak inside the studio.

I presume they are just storing their equipment here since the tour is finished?

Reports indicate that at least Bono and Edge have been in France pretty much exclusively since the tour ended 3 weeks ago. I'd guess that it was just some of the 360 gear coming back home (guitars, amps, etc).

Yeah it's likely their stuff being returned. Bono and Edge have been photographed in the south of france as Acrobat said, and the whole health scare bullshite with Bono was in Monaco, which is near his house in the south of France, so you'd expect they're spending the summer there, as usual.

When you were there, how was the wall situation? I saw some tweet from atU2 that the grafiti U2 fans put on there was painted over or something?

Yeah I figured it was just storage. There was loads of gear being offloaded.

The wall situation was not too bad. I don't think it was painted over. Perhaps sections of it to the right of the main entrance (as this is studio 9 which is an adjoining studio owned by another shareholder and not used by U2 as such) - but still loads of cool writing on the wall and on the doors of studios itself and also across the other side of the street.

Luckily I had my camera with me on Saturday- here are a few pics. http://photobucket.com/u2pics

I also took a few pics of the wall Galeongirl so you can check it out :up:

Glad to see most of the fan messages are still there. :) That made the visit to the studio worth the wile for me, it was great fun reading all those messages from people all over the world.

:tsk: Ofcourse you would. But you know I'm going back there to post new messages right? Including some scandalous ones involving you, ofcourse. :shifty:

I think Songs of Ascent was in that truck and that you're a bad fan for not hijacking it.

One of the high points of my life was scribbling my cartoon likenesses of U2 on a wall on some country I've never been to and possibly never will.

2m3muya.png

If that shit was painted over, they lost out on a very valuable asset.

Wow, it took like almost a month for the gear to come back to the studios? Odd!

I'm sure the only people in the studio now are the techs and the cleaning ladies :D The band won't be back to the 'office' so soon; and why should they? ;)

Wow, it took like almost a month for the gear to come back to the studios? Odd!

My folks recently moved from the UK and it took their stuff three weeks to ship. It's not odd when you consider that the stuff all has to be catalogued before it goes into containers and back onto the ships that'll carry them back to their various ports. They've got all kinds of import officials and all of that to inventory the stuff on both sides, I'm sure. (And I'm willing to bet the band doesn't want to incur the cost of expedited shipping.)

But , but , salt is not good for wood! Unless its hardwood. :D

Y u italians stalking Bano?

It shouldn't matter if they're packed in flightcases and on containers on a containership. :wink: I didn't actually mean they'd take a swim with the guitars.

Sooooo beachclips? :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom