U2 still refusing to take the hint

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonnytakeawalk

Refugee
The Daily Mash - U2 still refusing to take the hint

U2 are still sitting around the kitchen table, drinking tepid white wine and pretending they don't know that it's almost three o'clock in the morning.

Michael brought a vegetarian moussaka and some really good boozeAs REM left with handshakes and backslaps all round, eyes turned to the ageing Irishmen who now seem to think this is their house.

Party host, Tom Logan, said: "REM were really nice. Didn't understand a bloody word Michael Stipe was saying, but he was a gentle soul and Peter Buck was kind enough to restrict his vandalism to the downstairs lavatory."

Guests started to arrive at 8.30pm, including Bare Naked Ladies, who Logan was pretty sure he did not invite, but soon realised they were not doing any harm.

He added: "I had to invite Blur, Oasis and Coldplay because they went to university with my girlfriend. She needs to meet new people.

"The Smiths were here but left about half-nine. Morrissey had to go to an EDL meeting and Johnny Marr just wandered off into the night.

"But REM were the perfect guests. They probably went on about Greenpeace a tad too long, but then Peter got out his guitar and we all sang 'Don't Go Back to Rockville'. It was very jolly.

"Main thing was, come three-ish all I had to do was give a tiny little yawn and they were apologising and heading for the door.

"I then wandered into the kitchen, saw U2 round the table, clapped my hands together and said 'okay, how we doing guys?'.

"Bono stood up, put his hand on my shoulder and said, 'I think we should make a huge pot of macaroni cheese'.

"What am I going to do?"

Funny article! I'm sure they all would be the last stragglers at a party too, but they have most definitely not overstayed their welcome.

This article comes dangerously close to comparing U2 with the Barenaked Ladies

Mmm. U2 most definitely should take hints from acts that don't tour, and break up.

you guys do realise it's a spoof don't you?? - it's the Daily Mash! :D

Back
Top Bottom