U2 songs reviewed - Rick Beato on YouTube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danm

The Fly
Rick Beato is a former record producer, who creates brilliant videos on YouTube dissecting and analysing many bands, artists and songs in the world of rock music. He now has over 2.5 million subscribers.

Here is a new, brilliant analysis he’s just done of Drowning Man:

[youtube]XUx7JPlixzc[/youtube]

Another for I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For:

[youtube]oT3KjbnGrhw[/youtube]

and his first U2 analysis for In God’s Country:

[youtube]LtFxnc2kw8Q[/youtube]

Last edited:
I watched the video about Drowning Man. It’s funny how he acts U2 were these geniuses, using overlapping time signatures as if they’re Tool, or Bono’s melody using ancient scales. More than likely they just cobbled the track together because it sorta sounded good, and they just got lucky.

Thanks, Dan M. Can't believe they did "The Drowning Man", one of the band's best songs they've never played live. Absolutely insane, considering it's way better than "I Will Follow" they play a ton. Quite cool he covered this, but I think he likes it even more than me. Ha, ha.

Last edited:
Beato's YouTube Channel is great. He breaks down so many great classic, and even newer Pop/Rock songs. He sees the genius (and maybe luck) of U2 and praises them every chance he gets. This is a great video revering the underrated Drowning Man.

Back
Top Bottom