U2 songs covered well - post vids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd rather just list them, because threads full of nothing but YT videos are slow to load and annoying (I wish they weren't, but they are, because of the slowness).

Elbow - Running to Stand Still

The King's Singers - MLK (I'm not even sure there's a video on YT for this, but there are videos of amateur a capella groups doing their arrangement.)

Running to Stand Still by Jonathan Jackson - actor (Nashville), U2 fan and lead singer of Enation

He also performed Unchained Melody at the same concert. His band included a cover of The Fly on their latest live album and regularly perform decent versions of Desire, Still Haven't Found.. and others.

Last edited:
Agreed! Eddie singing A Sort of Homecoming is always amazing. There is an old video from 2006 where he played it in Sydney the same time U2 were touring for Vertigo. However this more recent version from 2015 is even better:

Agreed! Eddie singing A Sort of Homecoming is always amazing. There is an old video from 2006 where he played it in Sydney the same time U2 were touring for Vertigo. However this more recent version from 2015 is even better:

ASOH into MFC droooooool. I love PJ's covers. Both of the fast & slow tempo covers of the Ramones 'I Believe in Miracles' are kick ass, as is their cover of Tom Petty's 'I Won't Back Down'. Saw PJ in Milwaukee Oct 2014, same night as Tom's bday & Eddie led the crowd in singing Happy Birthday into I Won't Back Down. Blew me away. Can't wait for the Wrigley shows in a few weeks!

No shoutouts for Johnny Cash's 'One'? It's no 'Hurt', but it is a decent take on the material, I think.

Honestly, u2 don't lend themselves to great covers for much the same reason that they themselves mostly don't do great covers. There are exceptions to the rule of course.

This guy's version of Glastonbury is decent, I think.

Xiren is great. He is also the lead singer in a U2 Tribute in Los Angeles/Orange County called Joshua Tree.

I was a guitar tech with them around the time U2 played this song/Xiren made the cover video. JT did as U2 did -- played the song for a hot minute and then abandoned it.

If memory serves, Xiren played EVERYTHING but the drums on this video of Glastonbury.

Back
Top Bottom