U2 projects that never saw the light of day...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BVS

Blue Crack Supplier
As new music approaches I thought it might be interesting to talk about the projects that we have a pretty good idea happened, but we haven't seen or heard yet. And if there is a future vault dump, which ones are you most excited about?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Every Breaking Wave and whatever other unreleased material exists from the NLOTH/SOA sessions..

Every Breaking Wave and whatever other unreleased material exists from the NLOTH/SOA sessions..

Yeah I'd very much like to hear those at some point.

Although chances are it will just make me think 'what could of been' even more than I already do.

Did we ever see or confirm the "project" that they were apparently doing with tribute bands?

I'd also like to hear the early NLOTH sessions that were too "world music"

The soundtrack to the Zoo TV TV show which debuted around 1995 on MTV for a brief late late night run. I believe there were rumors they were going to do music for it, but it never happened. (Though the Edge might have composed some background stuff -- unclear.)

There was talk of a follow-up to the Passengers album. Obviously that never happened.

The ZOO TV Sega Genesis game referenced by Bono in a '93 Rolling Stone interview where players could remix U2 songs.

A bass-powered track from the Hansa sessions that they were working on with Meshelle N'degeocello in 94, referenced in Flanagan's book.

The ZOO TV multicast, for which they had filmed all kinds of video projects.

"In Cold Blood" -- the Bono poem that was supposedly recorded over the Numb backing track, as well as the unreleased Zooropa sessions.

The Rick Rubin sessions from '06 or '07.

I'd like to hear the rest of the Clockwork Orange soundtrack that got canned- if Alex Descends into Hell is any indication, could be some interesting stuff.

The rest of the Clockwork Orange stuff.

Wanderer with Bono vocal!!!!!!!!

I remember the Popmart DVD (which took a while to release) was suppose to have a multi camera option where you can watch the show from different angles. Would have enjoyed watching the complete show from the cheap seats.

Their collaboration with Underworld during the Pop period. Tracks were recorded.

The Joshua Tree double album (should the extra songs not be the released B-sides)

I remember the Popmart DVD (which took a while to release) was suppose to have a multi camera option where you can watch the show from different angles. Would have enjoyed watching the complete show from the cheap seats.

That would've been so cool :up:

Redone sessions and did they do something with david guetta a while back?

I'd like to hear the rest of the Clockwork Orange soundtrack that got canned- if Alex Descends into Hell is any indication, could be some interesting stuff.

The rest of the Clockwork Orange stuff.

Wanderer with Bono vocal!!!!!!!!

That was my initial response when I saw the threat title. ADIHFABOM/K1 is awesome. MOAR PLZ.

I would like to hear everything that has gotten canned. And yes, Alex Descends Into Hell/Korova 1 is awesome.

Redone sessions and did they do something with david guetta a while back?

I remember reading somewhere that Bono met Guetta and said that would be awsome to work with him. Poor Guetta got enthusiastc, and tried to reach Bono the day after, but he never "called back". Classic Bono.

Dig into the "trash" of earlier songs would be awsome, I'd love to see something like they did in the Achtung Baby box set with the rest of the albuns

I'd love to hear more of the band's early demos and recordings from 1978-82 that never got released, e.g. Concentration Cramp. It's astonishing how much material was floating around in the early years that never got released.

I think it was supposedly for Glastonbury?

Ah, yeah. I think I've got it confused with the World Wide Band they wanted to do for 360 where people would play instruments for Tryin' to throw Your Arms, or something.

In addition to all the music that's been mentioned, I'd love to hear whatever interesting stories or random conversations there might be to tell. Any of the more "behind the scenes" stories that we don't yet know. And I'd love to get the complete story on the making of this album over the last few years.

In addition to all the music that's been mentioned, I'd love to hear whatever interesting stories or random conversations there might be to tell. Any of the more "behind the scenes" stories that we don't yet know. And I'd love to get the complete story on the making of this album over the last few years.

That would be great.

I might be going crazy but I swear I once read somewhere that a Rattle and Hum-esque film and album was in the works during Popmart, I think it was to be called Rather Go Blind.

why the fuck would anyone want to hear that?

No i agree i couldnt think of anything worse then u2 and david guetta or u2 and lady gagas producer but the title or the thread was matrial that never saw the light of day, so i thought id throw guetta out there

The full Tempe show that was filmed for Rattle & Hum. Sure probably not their best performance on the JT tour but I would like to have it cause I was there

I would love to hear the demo of Every Breaking Wave that they wanted to release with NLOTH and then canned in the very last minute. And every other (newer?) version of the song.

And the Rubin sessions.

There was of course the Lovetown show in Sydney that was professionally filmed but never released. The bits we've seen, eg. Hawkmoon 269 and God Part II, are awesome.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom