U2 performing at inauguration! (rehearsal video posted)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help how you interpret what I say.

Do you think that my statement is true or not? Insults don't count as answers.

Wow, you scare me...

:down:

Great news about Bono playing the inauguration. Great that he's going to be a part of something that at least celebrates the idea of positive change - whether it turns out to be real or not is another matter entirely of course. Here's just hoping for a great performance with a bit of gravitas and no cringe-worthy duets with anyone "trendy"...

Interesting to see that Will.I.Am is performing as well...

Maybe we will hear stripped down versions of Breathe or Crazy Tonight

Well in that case this has nothing to do with the new album.

The more I think about it, and given that we now know only Bono -- and not all of U2 -- is performing, I'd be stunned if he played any new material. I'm sure he's sensitive / self-aware enough to know that if he played new stuff, he'd be accused of trying to capitalize off the event. That's also probably why it's just him, and not the full band. U2 did a similar thing in '93, when Adam and Larry "represented" the band at Clinton's first inauguration. I think they played with half of R.E.M. at the Rock-the-Vote ball, under the name Automatic Baby, and did "One"

The more I think about it, and given that we now know only Bono -- and not all of U2 -- is performing, I'd be stunned if he played any new material. I'm sure he's sensitive / self-aware enough to know that if he played new stuff, he'd be accused of trying to capitalize off the event. That's also probably why it's just him, and not the full band. U2 did a similar thing in '92, when Adam and Larry "represented" the band at Clinton's first inauguration. I think they played with half of R.E.M. at the Rock-the-Vote ball, under the name Automatic Baby, and did "One"

I was just about to post that. Unfortunately in 2009 we're more likely to get a murdered Mary J 'One' than something special like the Automatic Baby pairing... but still... hopefully ....

I think the only way we would get new stuff is if the whole band was there and if something on the new album really fit with the occasion.

Then again, it has to be a little weird for someone to release a brand new single the day before and have a new album come out and not want to play it...

Plus the Will.i.am thing...

Who knows :shrug:

I thought someone posted earlier in the other thread about some orchestra having to learn Pride. I'm putting my money on that espeicially with MLK birthday that Monday.

I thought someone posted earlier in the other thread about some orchestra having to learn Pride. I'm putting my money on that espeicially with MLK birthday that Monday.

That would make sense, especially with MLK's I have a dream speech ringing in people's ears

Aren't you like a train ride away. GO, it's a once in a lifetime event.

I am not that close, 25 miles plus away.

i am trying.. i have my first day of work at my new job on the 19th. I am talkin to the spouse about it now.. The problem is figuring out how to get down there. Not sure what metro lines are running we certainly can't drive all the way into the city that's for sure. I need to find out what is closed and open road wise.

I was just going to post this!!! From the PIC official website!!!
I knew it I knew it!!!!
I bet he sings ONE since it's called we are one!!
:) I AM GOING !!!! I am so excited!!:hyper::hyper::hyper:

sorry, but you knew nothing, U2 nor Bono is performing at inauguration. hes perfoming at some ceremony for barack but its not the big one...

and thank God it's only bono

and thank God it wont be any new music

just a promo opportunity for the b-man to get barack to pull his wallet out for africa.

like I said, thank God!:|:|:|:|

sorry, but you knew nothing, U2 nor Bono is performing at inauguration. hes perfoming at some ceremony for barack but its not the big one...

and thank God it's only bono

and thank God it wont be any new music

just a promo opportunity for the b-man to get barack to pull his wallet out for africa.

like I said, thank God!:|:|:|:|

why do you always have to be so rude.? :angry: And she is aware that this is the Lincoln Memorial Event on Sunday (not the actual inauguration on tuesday) the 18th that he is performing at and yes it won't be a new song probably.. You might want to read thru a few pages to see that the link for this event has been posted already..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom