U2 performing at inauguration! (rehearsal video posted)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Musical performers scheduled for the event include Beyonce, Mary J. Blige, Bono, Garth Brooks, Sheryl Crow, Renee Fleming, Josh Groban, Herbie Hancock, Heather Headley, John Legend, Jennifer Nettles, John Mellencamp, Usher Raymond IV, Shakira, Bruce Springsteen, James Taylor, will.i.am, and Stevie Wonder. Among those reading historical passages will be Jamie Foxx, Martin Luther King III, Queen Latifah and Denzel Washington. The Rt. Reverend V. Gene Robinson will give the invocation. Rob Mathes will be the music director and arranger for the backing band, which will support all of the artists. Additional performers will be announced as they are confirmed."

Mary J. Blige and Bono performing in the same place? Please be separate (or Bono and Bruce - that would be excellent)

"Musical performers scheduled for the event include Beyonce, Mary J. Blige, Bono, Garth Brooks, Sheryl Crow, Renee Fleming, Josh Groban, Herbie Hancock, Heather Headley, John Legend, Jennifer Nettles, John Mellencamp, Usher Raymond IV, Shakira, Bruce Springsteen, James Taylor, will.i.am, and Stevie Wonder. Among those reading historical passages will be Jamie Foxx, Martin Luther King III, Queen Latifah and Denzel Washington. The Rt. Reverend V. Gene Robinson will give the invocation. Rob Mathes will be the music director and arranger for the backing band, which will support all of the artists. Additional performers will be announced as they are confirmed."

Mary J. Blige and Bono performing in the same place? Please be separate (or Bono and Bruce - that would be excellent)

Wow I'm really shocked by some of those names. :D

Oh, yeah
My god, you guys reeeaaally like to bitch....
Bono, Garth Brooks and Bruce Springsteen, that's what matters. :wink:

Bono is not going to help his image in the eyes of the conservative politicians that he spent so much time on in the past trying to get them to help out with his poverty efforts.

He risked doing far, far, far, far, far more damage to his own - and by extension U2's - image and success by working with Bush. The overwhelmingly liberal U2 fanbase sucked it up and understood all of that for 8years, and it's now the turn of the conservative fanbase to do the same.

U2 is definitely not a conservative band - and much of their music makes that pretty clear. do you plug your ears and go la-la-la-la-la when you hear their music??

I don't see what is so liberal about their music. I do see a lot of Christianity in their music, which I'm sure most liberals plug their ears at.

What about Will.i.Am (on Arabic cello) and Bono doing Breathe? I know it was originally written for Mandelas 90th birthday but who cares now that it didn't happen? :) OT:
There's a certain pro-Obama lady that I miss in that line-up..."There is no home like the one you've got/'cause that home belongs to you" would've been quite interesting in my opinion considering the occasion. I mean she has a solo gig in Washington the next day anyway.

Well I for one will NOT be tuning in for the politics, I'll be tuning in to see BONO :hyper:

And what a better stage for him! He KNOWS it will be watched WW! Screw the politics, he KNOWS it will be watched whatever your political stance, he's shrewd our man :wink:

This is bad news for conservatives because conservatives ALWAYS get shafted in the music department. Musically, it's embarrassing to be a conservative. It's all about COUNTRY music for conservatives. I'm sure you'd feel the same way if primarily country music artist supported dems and other left leaning parties.

Good news in the sense that we get to hear Bono.

I disagree. I'm a conservative and I adore country music. Actually, there are only a handful of rock bands that I like, U2 being tops.

He risked doing far, far, far, far, far more damage to his own - and by extension U2's - image and success by working with Bush. The overwhelmingly liberal U2 fanbase sucked it up and understood all of that for 8years, and it's now the turn of the conservative fanbase to do the same.

Exactly.

I puked when Obama was elected, never mind the inauguration. That boob is more over hyped than Apple's products. All talk and big promises and I expect no action.

you know what.. why don't ya take ur political views over to FYM where they belong. This thread is just about the announcement that Bono is performing..

/kthxbai

No liberal celebrity can avoid jumping on the Obama-worship wagon. Liking Obama is apparently the cool thing to do, like owning an iPod. Celebrities eat that shit up. Celebrities did it with the Clintons and this time will be no different.

Too true. :tsk: Just like bashing Bush was the cool thing to do. It's easier to just do what everyone else is doing than to actually think for yourself and not follow the crowd.

dammit this is getting exciting!!! can't wait to hear Bono perform....by then we will have probably heard the single too :hyper:

good time to be a U2 fan, that's for sure!!! :D

My prediction: Bono performs an acoustic rendition of the Beatles' "Blackbird," possibly accompanied by Edge.

Anyone else want to predict what he plays? Whomever guesses correctly gets serious bragging rights ;)

That doesn't apply to some of the twits here. I can think of a few.

We can do without the name calling. As a reminder, this is a thread about Bono performing at the inauguration. What this thread isn't is an open invitation to bash those with different political views than your own.

That goes for everyone, btw. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom