U2 on Jimmy Kimmel Live! May 23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting that the party line is now to blame Edge. Surely this means they are confident of no more delays? Edge would not be comfortable with copping the. Lane public ally if it didn't have an end date set internally?

The video promo on Kimmel's twitter says they will 'play a classic' - do they usually have two songs from performers? Is it possible Little Things was just for those in attendance and won't be broadcast?

The video promo on Kimmel's twitter says they will 'play a classic' - do they usually have two songs from performers? Is it possible Little Things was just for those in attendance and won't be broadcast?

Hopefully its just to get people to tune in..... More casuals will be pleased with a classic maybe..:huh:

Last edited:
Interesting that the party line is now to blame Edge. Surely this means they are confident of no more delays? Edge would not be comfortable with copping the. Lane public ally if it didn't have an end date set internally?

Yeah I think (or at least hope) you're right there. That's what, the second time this joke's been made in public? Hopefully this means they've got the album pretty much done, a release date penciled in and The Edge knows he can just work right up until then but it's coming out whatever happens, like with SOI for Apple? :shrug:

Then again, pretty sure I posted something verrry similar 18 months ago so I don't know why I bother putting any faith in that theory :wink:

Geeez American TV loves their commercial breaks. But Bono played Kimmel like 6 songs last year dang.... I want it now this is frustrating hahaha

For a moment I thought there wasn't going to be time for Little Things. Always good seeing them on TV.

New lyrics in Little Things.... I liked em but still chopping and changing unless its just classic live Bono

Well no one was really expecting the album until October, probably November, were they? It was never going to be released in the next month or two.

Last edited:
While there are too many words, the lyrics to TLT are pretty brutal to its subject. I admire the honesty. I also like that it sounds like music with actual wisdom and reveals the exact opposite of the Bono people think prances about and jumps on tables waving swords and making grand pronouncements.

I'm honestly good with a 2018 release. I know that's selfish to say, since I got to see JT30 and I know many fans won't be able to have that experience, but I'd rather have my U2 spread out than rushed.

And there was no way that SoE would be released any time soon anyways.

Back
Top Bottom