U2 on Japan Aid Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Every Breaking Wave

The Ground Beneath Her Feet

Sorry, had to get these out of the way. Commence pointless speculation.

The album's out in just a few days so it won't be a brand new, specially recorded song.

Maybe an exclusive live track (Stand By Me from South Africa would work) or a remix of a NLOTH track. Or perhaps Winter or Soon.

Hopefully it's not just a standard album track like Magnificent, Walk On, One or some other 10+ year old song.

Hopefully it's not just a standard album track like Magnificent, Walk On, One or some other 10+ year old song.

If it's being put together in a week, and it's meant to be uplifting, it's probably going to be an already available version of an optimistic studio track - probably walk on, or one.

:bow: :rockon:

Thanks for posting that! :D

One of the best U2 duets ever and a great video, also. Very well shot and captures the moment. Hadn't watched it in a while but still get spine chills every time they kick it up at the end there.

If a U2/JB collab turns out even remotely close to that (which I know it can't possibly, he can't sing like her period), I'll be all for it.

:up: :up:

I'm afraid if U2 or Bono were ever to collaborate with Justin Beiber I would have to have some serious reconsideration about my status as a fan of the band. It would be a dark dark day indeed.:|

If a U2/JB collab turns out even remotely close to that (which I know it can't possibly, he can't sing like her period), I'll be all for it.

:up: :up:

er... i don't think it's a U2/JB "collab" as such - they're just 2 random artists cited as contributing to the album... at least i hope so! :yikes:

btw i love the U2/MJB version of One as well :D

er... i don't think it's a U2/JB "collab" as such - they're just 2 random artists cited as contributing to the album... at least i hope so! :yikes:

Oh I must've been making a hasty logical leap there between this news and the soundbite we heard the other day of Bieber saying he'd love to work with U2..probably jumped to conclusions there!

To be honest he's not my first or even top 10th pick for an artist I'd like to see work with U2 :lol:

remember they put Stranded together in a few days so if the song is half as good as that I'll be happy.

NEW U2 Material :drool:

hopefully:sad:

FailMeter.jpg

Remember when there was some sort of news or rumor about Bono and J Lo doing a duet?

Yeah. Exactly.

If it's being put together in a week, and it's meant to be uplifting, it's probably going to be an already available version of an optimistic studio track - probably walk on, or one.

it could just as easily be something rare:

Stand By Me - U2 feat Yvonne Chaka Chaka
Mercy (Live)
Winter (Brothers Version)
Winter (Linera Version)
Soon
Gimme Shelter (Live from NY) - U2 with Mick Jagger and Fergie
Smile
Flower Child
Angels Too Tied to the Ground

or something less over-used than Walk One & One:

Saints are Coming - U2/Green Day