U2 on bill board awards!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't remember if he was actually a mentor. I know he's had an appearance or two (I don't think he was there in person, though? wasn't it a pre-recorded thing?), including the Idol Gives Back stuff.

"Some of the greatest music is made so quietly, and you can make classic albums in your bedroom and you can play the greatest show of your life on a one-string guitar -- but we don't do that." :up:

Is it just me or is Bono looking like an older version of The Fly, all leathered up and the bigger shades he's been wearing since 2010 360 tour legs ?

Is it just me or is Bono looking like an older version of The Fly, all leathered up and the bigger shades he's been wearing since 2010 360 tour legs ?

Looks like a mix of The Fly and Bono 2000.

Bono_the_fly_92.jpg

+

U2.jpg

=

TouringTopArtistAwardLasVegas5-22-20114.jpg

I can't remember if he was actually a mentor. I know he's had an appearance or two (I don't think he was there in person, though? wasn't it a pre-recorded thing?), including the Idol Gives Back stuff.

He was never a mentor, just showed up during one of the rehearsals for American Prayer to listen in if I remember right. :)

That press conference was pretty funny and any mention of Pop/Popmart is a good thing in my book.

I don't like the idea of them appearing on AI but if it's for Spiderman I can understand it.

Any U2 on TV is good! If you go listen to the press room interview, I think one question was about the next album and they were making fun of all of the projects they do have, did I extract the question correctly?

Yes but from what they say it doesn't sound as if we'll be getting anything new soon. Bono even says everyone has enough U2 albums and that we only need a new one if it's great. He should visit Interference.

Check U2 album thread, Bono gave an interview to hot press this month where he talks about the projects (and some new song titles), he says they want it out "next fall" and also says the same "Everyone has enough U2 albums", so i wouldnt say they arent thinking of releasing something.

Check U2 album thread, Bono gave an interview to hot press this month where he talks about the projects (and some new song titles), he says they want it out "next fall" and also says the same "Everyone has enough U2 albums", so i wouldnt say they arent thinking of releasing something.

can't find it so I must be an idiot! was thinking it was this one:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f196/insight-into-a-couple-new-unreleased-tunes-210228.html

Let us know, we love new news! :)

1/ Bono says they wanted the album out before the end of the tour

2/ He speaks of Songs of Ascent. He mentions songs called 'Mount Zion' 'Soon' 'Every Breaking Wave' 'North Star'

3/ He speaks about the club music with Red One, and a song called 'I'll believe her when she sings'

4/ He mentions the rock album they have started to make with Danger Mouse. He says they have 10 songs with him.

5/ Of Spiderman he says there is 18 songs and 20 pieces of music

6/ Finally he says 'I think next fall' for a new album. He goes onto say...'Why would anyone want another one? It just better be really great, and the reason we didnt put out Songs of Ascent was we felt that the next thing that people need to hear from u2 is not an art project, that it has a rock n roll heart, even if its not rock n roll music.'

OOOOOOOOHHHHHH LA LA LA LAAAAAAA!!!!!!

They're all still alive, they're alive, they are alive!!!!!!!

Sounds like they're leaning towards the club album with those last comments and it's all real exciting and perhaps we'll get a proper U2 album with the spidey leftovers or they'll be peppered into the mix! If they can get Larry to play Boy Falls From the Sky at a U2 gig then there's hope for that on an album some day! I bet he's bonkers that the rewrite of Spidey delayed the next U2 project, but I think at the end of the day, they made the right choice especially if we get a few phenominal albums in a row. Next Fall as in Fall 2011 :drool: or Fall 2012 .... :hyper: Guessing Fall 2012 for the $$$$$ and so not to interfere with the Achtung Baby remaster. :drool:

Thats like when Larry said to bono in that press conference "when will you make a u2 album" as if to say spiderman stopped it last time

1/ Bono says they wanted the album out before the end of the tour

2/ He speaks of Songs of Ascent. He mentions songs called 'Mount Zion' 'Soon' 'Every Breaking Wave' 'North Star'

3/ He speaks about the club music with Red One, and a song called 'I'll believe her when she sings'

4/ He mentions the rock album they have started to make with Danger Mouse. He says they have 10 songs with him.

5/ Of Spiderman he says there is 18 songs and 20 pieces of music

6/ Finally he says 'I think next fall' for a new album. He goes onto say...'Why would anyone want another one? It just better be really great, and the reason we didnt put out Songs of Ascent was we felt that the next thing that people need to hear from u2 is not an art project, that it has a rock n roll heart, even if its not rock n roll music.'

Man, I'm way behind on my U2 news, I hadn't heard most of this stuff. Where is this from? Can someone post a link? I'm sure it's somewhere hidden in one of the threads in WTAHNN, but I don't feel like wading through all that stuff to find it.

Man, I'm way behind on my U2 news, I hadn't heard most of this stuff. Where is this from? Can someone post a link? I'm sure it's somewhere hidden in one of the threads in WTAHNN, but I don't feel like wading through all that stuff to find it.

I didn't know this, either. There should be a new thread when something like this comes up, since new album news is so sparse right now. There's too much pointless blabbering to sift through.

It's from an article/interview in Hot Press that's new or at least recent.

That's all I've got. I think there was a link somewhere to the whole thing, but I don't feel like wading, either.

Well that's kind of depressing to hear Bono say that everyone already has enough U2 albums. I don't think in their multi-decade history, any of the band members has ever made a statement like that.

That is a weird thing to say. They're a band, they're supposed to make albums! That's like Nike saying people have enough shoes.

Do people moan about having too many Bob Dylan or Bruce Springsteen albums?? No, they just keep making em, and people keep enjoying em. Shame on you Bono :angry:

Uhm Bono. We DO want art projects. AB was a piece of art, so was Zooropa, and IMO so is NLOTH. Heck yeah I want more of that!!!

Well that's kind of depressing to hear Bono say that everyone already has enough U2 albums.

I presume he's not talking about the diehard fans who'll get the new album no matter what. Unless a person is that, then yes at some point they'll go, well do I really need another U2/Springsteen/whoever album? Not even necessarily because they think that the new album is terribly disappointing, they just might reach the ceiling where that band/artist is concerned. And I suppose it's those people that Bono wants to convince.

Well that's kind of depressing to hear Bono say that everyone already has enough U2 albums. I don't think in their multi-decade history, any of the band members has ever made a statement like that.

I think it's Bono just being self depricating Bono. I think it's more a statement about wanting to be bold again than it is anything else. I think they're saying people are tired of U2 being U2, if we're going to do this again it better be really worth it.

Back
Top Bottom