U2: Letterman's House Band for a FULL WEEK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if you can get there at about 3:30-4:00 in the afternoon, they hand out numbers for lining up. you can get tickets at that time sometimes. i grew up in ct, and used to go to letterman frequently. i have done the go over at 3 many times, without having tickets and gotten in. if you are close by its worth trying.

Also, sign up on his Web site for the Late Show Newsletter. Every week, they take requests from people who are on the mailing list for tickets. You can tell them when you'd like to go.

i wonder if they'll do something special besides just be there... maybe take it outside one of the night. when audioslave made their debut on letterman they played right on broadway atop the Late Show marquis. that would be nifty. maybe they take it out to 52nd street on the last night. :hmm:

i've also put my request in for standby tickets... i've seen dave 3 times. the last time i put in for standby tickets they called me... when i was standing at the brooklyn bridge waiting for u2 to arrive. oh the irony.

here's hoping.

There are a million opportunities for comedy involving the band, if they're willing (and you'd have to figure they will be.) I'd love to see them throw things off the building -- maybe a drum kit, an electric guitar, a bucket of Bono's sunglasses...

I agree - there's no CD:UK, no TOTP anymore.. what other TV shows could they play in the UK? Even Jools Holland's not on.

I know, outside of Jonathan Ross, U2 are seriously short on options for promoting the new album on UK TV. Its a real shame CD:UK and TOTP are both no more.

One thing I do remember is Cat Deeley presenting a late night U2 special whilst they were on the Vertigo tour. Maybe they could do something like that for NLOTH?

U2 will likely do Conan's show (replaces Leno) or Jimmy Fallon's show (who replaces Conan) when the American leg of the tour is going to begin.

Friday night with Jonathon Ross

Well if they are going to do Jonathon Ross over here in the UK we are up sh*t creek in a barb wire canoe without a paddle .I just phoned and because he was suspended for 12 weeks they are not issuing any more tickets as the people who had tickets for those shows are top of the list .

Seriously, I think that my system might go on overload! My roommate and hall mates are gonna get so pissed. My obsession sometimes bothers them. I don't know why, they just can't see the love U2 has for the world. :) he he he
Don't worry, I'm in the exact same situation. My roommates just don't understand. That's why I love interference. :wave:

My guess what they will play:

Get On Your Boots (duuuuuh!)
I'll Go Crazy If I don't Go Crazy Tonight (rumored 2nd single)
Magnificent (rumored 3rd single)
Breathe (i think this could be the 4th single!)
Unknown Caller (gut feeling)/No Line On The Horizon (it's the title track. i don't know if that's even an argument *lol*)

I think its going to be more than 5 songs. They might do one new song and one classic song every night.

Also, it should be noted that this is the same week that Jimmy Fallon replaces Conan on the Late Night show, so perhaps U2 will be performing as a bridge to the Craig Ferguson show to prevent people from watching Fallon's debut week.

perhaps U2 will be performing as a bridge to the Craig Ferguson show to prevent people from watching Fallon's debut week.

I think seeing the words "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" at the start of the program will be enough to prevent people from watching the show.

if you can get there at about 3:30-4:00 in the afternoon, they hand out numbers for lining up. you can get tickets at that time sometimes. i grew up in ct, and used to go to letterman frequently. i have done the go over at 3 many times, without having tickets and gotten in. if you are close by its worth trying.

Thanks i'm going to try something!!!!

And here I thought U2 would be replacing Shaffer's band for a week. That would be all kinds of Win. Still, it'll be cool to see the band live every night for a week.

Maybe they'll do a promo concert in NYC as well during this time. They have for the last 2 albums. Oh JC we are going to have to try and meet Bono again.

If you New Yorkers end up meeting Bono you need to ask him why they haven't played Electrical Storm live yet-- I think its the only single they have never played live!

Damn U2... can't even manage to do a stealth promotion right :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom